Suggestions for hunting snacks in backcountry

Looking for suggestions for snacks for this fall. With it being inly several months away it's time to start getting serious. Last year I had about the same stuff everyday and it got old fast. Would usually rummage through the next several days bags to pull out the goodies :). I'm gonna try honey stingers and a few other snacks but what do you love having in the backcountry. Doesn't have to be lightweight.

I wanna have enough variation that I look forward to what I can have the next day.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

manitou1

WKR
I take small candy bars, Honey Stinger waffles, jerky and cheese sticks, mixed nuts.(with added cranraisins we dehydrate to jerky dryness, sausage sticks, (gummy type) fruit chews, and sometimes assorted protein bars. I vary the type and flavor on some items.

Mosby

WKR
I found some glazed nuts at Costco that I like and I am taking them this year.

1560018838335.png

Almost forgot, my wife is going to make me some WV Pepperoni Rolls. They are definately going with me this year. No refrigeration needed.

Last edited:

fishslap

WKR
Simply balanced fruit ropes from target. Individually wrapped prunes. These are mostly sugar but it’s something refreshing instead of nuts/chocolate. Small Almond joys. Basic homemade trail mix but I add dark chocolate covered espresso beans. You can add big coconut shavings but they can turn if you make a big batch and don’t eat it all for a while. Heather’s choice packaroons. I tried honey stinger waffles and didn’t like them. I like the basic stroopwaffles better but I haven’t been including them. They taste better and don’t get crumbly.

Bobos Bars. Taste good and high calorie carbs, nice ealy morning snack. Amazon has the variety pack. For being vegan, non gmo, gluten free and all that bunny humping stuff they are excellent.

ShakeDown

WKR
ProBar, Kind Bars, Caveman Bars, Honey Stinger, homemade jerky (I have a gun and make sticks as well as a slicer to make sheets) Justin’s packets, and jolly ranchers are my mainstays.

Wapiti1

WKR
A really good dry cured sausage (the kind you see hanging in a butcher shop) and a small block of parmesan or asiago cheese. Sopressata is great with a higher fat content than salami. I make it at home along with jerky.

I also take chocolate covered coffee beans and chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Want a pick me up, chocolate coffee beans are great.

And the assorted bars, nuts, and other dry stuff everyone else has suggested.

Jeremy

jmcd22

WKR
I love to take Justin's Nut Butter and spread that on a Honey Stinger. Lots of good fats and some sugar. May be comfort food but it is damn good...better than the butthole sandwich that was suggested above :ROFLMAO:

Edit: I took a chance and Googled a butthole sandwich...had no clue it was an actual thing HAHA!

sneaky

"DADDY"
I pick up chocolate covered almonds at Walmart, they're always over by the bakery and fruit stand. 2oz bag is $1.50 and 300 calories. They've got chocolate covered blueberries, cranberries, etc but the almond ones are my favorite.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
a_noob_hunter
I'm liking these ideas! From what I've gathered I think I'm gonna take more food that I like, sacrificing alittle weight. I remember I just got really burned out and would come back to my tent near 9:30-10:00 and wouldn't even want to make dinner.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk