Suggestions - SO Silvertip & Kifaru Supertarp

I have narrowed down my search to these two shelters. I'd like to hear some opinions on which I should go with. They both seem to fit my needs. I feel that versatility would go to the Supertarp while usable space would probably go to the Silvertip. I was considering the LBO w/ vestibule for a while, but I found that these two designs fit my eye the best. Any help is appreciated!

sveltri

WKR
I have a Silvertip and really like it. Its fast and easy to setup and doesn't have too big a footprint. I have always been able to store all my gear inside and it sheds wind extremely well. That being said I am constantly eyeing a Supertarp, I'd like to do a side by side comparison to see what would fit me better. The Supertarp is more versatile with the different setups it offers, but I don't think you can go wrong either way.

buffsmoker

Lil-Rokslider
I've been looking at these two shelters as well. I have a Paratarp and really like its versatility, but I'm looking for more floor space. I did see Kevin from Seek Outside post on a different thread that they're going to be coming out with a new, lightweight early season shelter in the next couple months. I'm planning to wait to see that before pulling the trigger. Might be something to consider if you're not in a big rush.

OP
autumnaspens
I've been looking at these two shelters as well. I have a Paratarp and really like its versatility, but I'm looking for more floor space. I did see Kevin from Seek Outside post on a different thread that they're going to be coming out with a new, lightweight early season shelter in the next couple months. I'm planning to wait to see that before pulling the trigger. Might be something to consider if you're not in a big rush.

Yeah, I saw something about dyneema fabric as an option for a new SO shelter in the future on another post in this forum. I actually currently have a Silvertip that I have been experimenting with to see if I want to keep it. Honestly, I find it to be a very cool shelter so far. It is spacious for 1 person and gear with solid headroom for me at 6'1". I have the cub stove from SO as well that I plan to use either in it or in another shelter if I go that route. It will definitely require some caution when rolling around in there with a burning stove, but probably not anymore caution than I would have in any other shelter with the potential to run a stove. I think the biggest draw for me on the supertarp currently is the versatility in the early seasons.

OP
autumnaspens
I have a Silvertip and really like it. Its fast and easy to setup and doesn't have too big a footprint. I have always been able to store all my gear inside and it sheds wind extremely well. That being said I am constantly eyeing a Supertarp, I'd like to do a side by side comparison to see what would fit me better. The Supertarp is more versatile with the different setups it offers, but I don't think you can go wrong either way.

It seems we are sharing same train of thought on these two shelters. Whenever I struggle with these sorts of decisions, I tend to narrow it down to 2-3 options and order them all to compare side by side. Perhaps that is the best way to go in the end since you can only figure so much from research online and looking at whatever photos may be available.

I used a Super tarp for years than sold it to get a Silvertip.
A stove is much more effective in a Silvertip and I prefer the side entry on a Silvertip to crawling into the end of a super tarp

OP
autumnaspens
I used a Super tarp for years than sold it to get a Silvertip.
A stove is much more effective in a Silvertip and I prefer the side entry on a Silvertip to crawling into the end of a super tarp

Good point. I had read that the stove in the center of the shelter was more effective. I had also figured that you would need to essentially crawl to get into the supertarp when it is pitched all the way to the ground. After now owning both, do you know which one of the two you would prefer to run in early season when a stove is not yet necessary?

Good point. I had read that the stove in the center of the shelter was more effective. I had also figured that you would need to essentially crawl to get into the supertarp when it is pitched all the way to the ground. After now owning both, do you know which one of the two you would prefer to run in early season when a stove is not yet necessary?
I definitely like the Silvertip better.You can't really use a stove with the guys but during the early season you don't need to.You have two doors so you don't need to crawl over each other