Suggestions??

OP
Glendon Mullins

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Saw a Residential archery Deer hunt in Va. on You Tube,set up a stand in the thickets in between nieghbors homes.My brohers live in Burke and Alexandria and have a few Deer around.Ask around a few folks are having problems with Deer invading gardens and lawns.:cool:

yeah i have alot of friends that hunt those city deer, i cant stand the thought of hunting a one acre or less parcel lol. Not for me, I'll stick to my mountain deer

OP
Glendon Mullins

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Venison on a stick. Backpack hunt for whitetails on the ground in archery season anywhere. Go in fairly far and establish camp, just as you would for elk. Even Ohio has some very rugged terrain on public land where few treestand guys ever venture. Most of our bowhunters are lazy and tend to hunt within a half mile of their vehicle. I would think a guy has a very good chance to see numerous deer and have some real fun doing ground stands or slow-poking through the woods.

Bring some of that cool Monterey air if you come. You live in a beautiful region of Virginia.
I am truly blessed in the area I live in!

H2PVon

Lil-Rokslider
I'd look at something off your normal radar. Find a guide and snow goose hunt in the spring in eastern PA, MD or something. Lots of shooting, noy something you would probably do very often, etc.

If I dont draw a tag out west my plan B is Sika deer hunt on Maryland coast, which as of today got a step closer...thanks a lot NM...lol