Summer boots

What are the best options for a light and breathable mid height boot?

I have been running Lowa Tibets and LOVE them. I am on my 2nd pair without so much as a hot spot from day one. I just need something for when its 90 degrees that will make those days more comfortable.

Salewa Crow, La Sportiva Trango Cube/Trek, Scarpa Zodiac/Charmoz. Really any lightweight, synthetic upper, European brand backpacking boot will be great. Just find one that fits you well.

OP
MuleyFever
Salewa Crow, La Sportiva Trango Cube/Trek, Scarpa Zodiac/Charmoz. Really any lightweight, synthetic upper, European brand backpacking boot will be great. Just find one that fits you well.

And that is the problem with boot shopping online, the fit. Any suggestions on fit would be helpful. For instance when I first bought my Tibets I was told to go a half size up and wide and that suggestion was spot on.

La Sportivas fit narrow. Salewa seem to have a pretty normal fit, maybe slightly narrow. I think the Hanwags seem to have a bit wider footbed. Scarpas are pretty normal. In my experience they all run pretty true to size as far as length goes. If you can find an REI, they generally have Salewa and La Sportiva on the shelf.

If your feet like lowas I would look at the Lowa renegade gtx or non gtx. They are routinely rated one of the best hiking boots. They are full leather but in my experience they breathe as well as the synthetics ive tried.

kylem

Lil-Rokslider
I've been wearing my salewa mountain trainer lows the last few summers and have really liked them.

And that is the problem with boot shopping online, the fit. Any suggestions on fit would be helpful. For instance when I first bought my Tibets I was told to go a half size up and wide and that suggestion was spot on.
I like buying my boots from REI,, If your a rewards member (one time 20$) you can return any piece of gear up to one year after purchase with no questions asked. Buy some boots, break them in during summer, try them for the season and return if they dont live up to expectations.

I was in exactly the same scenario, having run and done well with the Lowa Tibets. Here's a thread with lots of good input on boots for hot summer hunting:

OP
MuleyFever
I was in exactly the same scenario, having run and done well with the Lowa Tibets. Here's a thread with lots of good input on boots for hot summer hunting:

Thanks. I knew I saw that thread before but must have overlooked it when I was looking again.

OP
MuleyFever
I really wish I could go to REI or another place to try on some good boots. I dont know of anywhere within 175 miles to try any on. We have a Sportsmens but they dont have much.

If anyone knows where to fondle some good boots in Southern Utah let me know.

Block

WKR
If loose gravel and stickers weren’t an issue, I’d wear nothing but the shorty trail runners in the summer. I unfortunately most places I hunt, I end up dumping rocks out 15-20x a day and throwing the socks away they are so full of stickers....

Iv had pretty good luck with the Salomon mids,,