Summer vacation ideas

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys, looking for a weekend getaway with my wife in July. She wants a cabin with hot tub and some decent hikes nearby. Preferably some higher elevation to get a break from the summer heat. Close enough to town to go out for dinner. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wapiti1

WKR
Crowded or not crowded? Food quality preferred? Cheap, mid-range, or don't care what it costs as long as the wife is happy?

Jeremy

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The west shore of Lake Tahoe. Stay in Tahoe City or any of the cabins near the lake towards Homewood. Get up super early and head towards emerald bay and stop at any of the trail heads that take you up into desolation wilderness. If you’re up for it. Hike to the top of Mt Tallac ( can be done in 1 day easily). I start at the glen alpine trail head and it’s about 12 miles round trip. Starting at 6,500 climbing up to 10,000. You make it to the summit in time to enjoy lunch up there.

The top of Tallac might be the best view on our planet.

Trr15

WKR
Breckenridge, CO is great in the summer. Estes
Park is too. The black hills is one of my favorite parts of the country, but it’s lower in elevation and can get hot In the summer.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Also. OP. I’m sure you already know this... Be prepared for afternoon thunderstorms and rain showers for many of these places that have been mentioned so far. They come in fast and can hit fairly hard for a few hours. Have fun!

Wrench

WKR
Look into Lake Chelan and the town of Steheikin (sp?). Your trip to "town" will be a car without license plates and the only way to get there is boat, plane or a lengthy horseback ride.....but you'll never be anyplace that guarantees happiness quite the same.

OP
L

Longshot

Lil-Rokslider
Crowded or not crowded? Food quality preferred? Cheap, mid-range, or don't care what it costs as long as the wife is happy?

Jeremy

Not super crowded, average food quality, money is definitely an issue... $250 per night max.

Thanks