Summer vacations?

Summer vacations?

Who here is rescheduled, canceled, or not leaving your bunker?
As of right now we’re still planning to go to Texas in July. If Colorado opens up which it sounds like they should we’re going to try to sneak a second family vacation in the first half of June and to do some rafting.
Looked into estes park area but they’ve apparently gone full commie and are requiring you to wear a mask if you were in town.

mlgc20

WKR
We were supposed to be leaving for Yellowstone/Jackson this week. But, we cancelled when the Park closed. We also cancelled our July trip to AZ (The only place hotter than TX). We may throw in an RV trip to the New Mexico mountains or something. But, for now we’ve cancelled everything.

JRMiller

WKR
Nearly all our outdoors vacations consist of boondocking on NF or BLM near some of the quieter parks. Seeing as they really can’t close NF or BLM, I’m fairly sure we’re still going, just may not go into the parks themselves.
But a vacations a vacation...

wytx

WKR
We were supposed to be leaving for Yellowstone/Jackson this week. But, we cancelled when the Park closed. We also cancelled our July trip to AZ (The only place hotter than TX). We may throw in an RV trip to the New Mexico mountains or something. But, for now we’ve cancelled everything.
Yellowstone is opening up.

mlgc20

WKR
Yellowstone is opening up.
Yes. And it seems like they ended up opening a little ahead of what they originally thought a month or so ago. We were hoping to do backcountry camping. Unfortunately, that is still closed. I think they are shooting to get that open mid-June, but haven't set a specific date.

Elk97

WKR
Doesn't sound like the border will be opening any time soon so might not be taking the boat up there this year.

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
Hoping to visit some friends out in CO and WY to do some cowboying (my vacation their job haha) this summer. Still planning to go as of right now.

wytx

WKR
FS is opening up campgrounds and other facilities end of the month, June 1 in our part of Wyoming.
State parks are still residents only with reservations but that may change end of May as well.
Dispersed camping is still allowed and fire restrictions are getting lifted so campfires will be ok.

7mmremmag

Lil-Rokslider
Well, we have a Minneapolis trip planned for late June to see Bert Kreischer. It's looking like that won't happen.

Also planned an overnight for the Meateater off the air in late June. Not sure about that one yet either.

Headed to the outer banx 2nd week of June. We booked the house in Nov and got a call last week from the reality company wanting the remainder of the balance...paid it and we are going...even if the make us quarantine in the beach front house I really dont care...ready to stare at 4 different walls.

Huntinaz

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah it’s getting me out of going to California in July. Wife and kids were supposed to go to a Tater Swift concert but it’s been postponed until next year so I think we’re going to go camping (stay in AZ) that week instead. Hoping we scrap California altogether for next year too but we’ll see. Still, I’ll take it

Hoping to head out to colorado with the girlfriend to see some of her old friends and some camping and hiking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk