Sunglasses!?

What’s everyone’s go to brand when it comes to sunglasses. What do you guys like wearing out there?

thanks

OldGrayJB

WKR
I've got a pair of Smith's that I like a lot. Very light weight and comfortable. They're over 10 years old. Unfortunately, most of the new Smith's I see are hipster looking. If I was on the market for new ones, I'd look at Native. I don't know much about them but they look good and seem to be much cheaper than Costa.

Ac338

WKR
Following, interested in a pair for hunting. Now for fishing I use Costa fantail 580 glass blue for the Great lakes and green 580g for rivers.

AGPank

WKR
I really like Smith polarized. Shop around sometimes you can find them on STP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgentVenom

Lil-Rokslider
Julbo Explorer 2.0 all I wear now. I have two sets and multiple lenses. Side shield are great from shop to range, and work great on boats and mountains in sick high winds.

they are super big but I only have one set of eyes I prefer debris, brass and gun powder residue to stay out of them.
B76AF379-FDEA-4A8D-93C6-82CE3BCF5CAB.jpeg
37415BBE-1167-470A-9FE9-4C117F0AE116.jpeg

Forest

WKR
My smiths have been fantastic and have withstood a ton of abuse. Id have a hard time not going with them again. Polarized & brown for me. The new luepolds sound pretty good. Definitely cant go wrong with Costas tho either

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

AgentVenom

Lil-Rokslider
Costas had an edge for me as a dedicated polarized fishing glasses. The tint just seemed slightly better then other stuff. But the Julbos beat them in every other category (wind blowing salt/ water spray while operating a boat and they cling to my face better)

baz77

WKR
I have a pair of Gatorz I’ve beat the piss out of and they just won’t break..I prefer them over the Maui Jim’s my wife bought me.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I have Smith, Costas, and some Ray Bans, with the Smith and Costas for outdoors and Ray Bans for in the car. I even have some of the original cat eye Revos from ~1987 that my high school buddies made so much fun of for what I spent on them. For the backcountry last year I used a pair of Drake branded glasses that someone bought at Cabela's and gave to me. Cheap but they work and like @nettereo16 , no big deal if they are broken or scratched.

I had not heard of the Julbos and will look into them. Thanks @AgentVenom

Last edited:
Costa 580g are pretty sweet for fishing.
My cheap hunting glasses are some polarized Galleons I got on STP. Won’t be sad if I loose/scratch those

Mhahn2

Lil-Rokslider
Maui Jim’s are hard to beat on clarity and great customer service if you do break them unlike coasta.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I like Smith glasses as they participate in MIL/LEO discounts and seem to last. I still have Costa for dedicated fishing glasses

Costa with 580 glass. I have multiple pairs with different color and tint lenses depending on what I’m doing.

bobr1

WKR
Smith's and Costa for fishing. Have a pair of the Smith guide choice in the tech lite polarchromic lens. They are glass instead of poly-carbonate and all are also transition lenses, amazing for fishing throughout the day. I also like dragon alliance.

Ray Bans with prescription polarized lens. I have two pair just in case. They are so comfortable that sometimes when I’m bow hunting in the evenings I forget I have them on and think it’s getting dark early.