sunscreen in the high country? unscented?

was wondering if anyone using sunscreen bowhunting in the high country uses an unscented one that doesnt rub off with sweat or just use normal sunscreen and im overthinking the scent thing. i guess if you play the wind you could avoid it but i try to avoid any unnecessary extra scents in the woods.

fishslap

WKR
I only rifle and muzzleloader hunt but I always use cetaphil SPF 15 and often wear/bring a buff. I've been burned before but not since this system.

4rcgoat

WKR
I also wear a sun blocking buff, one for fishing,one for hunting. They are also great for dunking in some cold stream to cool down with.

oldgoat

WKR
Dead Down Wind makes some in a stick form, kind of like an oversized chapstick, maybe twice the size of a chapstick. Works pretty good, I used the hell out of it last season!

I use an unscented one that I found when looking for some for my kids. It's for sensitive skin and 50 spf. I always use it on my nose, ears, and under the eyes. On my neck if I don't bring my neck gaiter. I also have some unscented chapstick as well. Frying your nose and ears is not a fun thing to have to deal with for a week. I use it during archery as well and have never had an issue.

I never wear sun screen when out hunting. I wear a wide brim hat and long sleeves when ever I am hunting or hiking. Never had an issue.

Nomad

Lil-Rokslider
I always forget the screen so I just slather on more face paint. Seems to keep the bugs off too in early season

Takem

WKR
My wife gets Obagi Nuderm for me from a rep at work. It has no scent and is not oily. It's a great product. I've seen it at Walmart.com.

Hunthigh1

WKR
The neutrogena mentioned above is great. Also vanicream. Make friends with a derm and get a handful of the tiny sample packs I keep one in each bag and first aid kit because I never remember to pack it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dead Down Wind makes some in a stick form, kind of like an oversized chapstick, maybe twice the size of a chapstick. Works pretty good, I used the hell out of it last season!

X2. Used it a bunch in the high country and works good.

soloone

FNG
The neutrogena mentioned above is great. Also vanicream. Make friends with a derm and get a handful of the tiny sample packs I keep one in each bag and first aid kit because I never remember to pack it

Looks like Dead Down Wind stop producing sunscreen. Any other options?