Super cheap/Loaner pack options:

Looking to pick up a loaner pack for a buddy to do some backpack hunting trips this fall in the east. Not looking to blow much money (at all) as of he gets into it he will probably buy his own, or I’ll just give it to him. I’ve got a kifaru I use myself.

Options:
After the hilarity that the Akek thread was, I’m almost tempted to pick up the 50$ chinesium pack Akek was trying to peddle, particularly after the somewhat decent review.

Cheap used backpacking pack:
Kelty, acteryx, dana designs, etc something that would handle a good bit of weight like a bora 95 or something

Alps pack or similar budget hunting

Milsurp ilbe/filbe/molle

Any opinions?

Considering I was one that reviewed it, and was happily surprised. I'd love to read your review of the Chinese version.

Afhunter1

WKR
I have an older cabelas frame pack that I’ve never used. I’d sell it for 100 shipped to you. It’s the “extreme Alaskan frame pack”

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
If you don’t like them the alps mountaineering commander pack would be a good cheap option.

My recommendation would be to find a Kelty Coyote 80-100 and have that. Works just as well for backpacking, is cheap but quality, and kelty makes good gear.

OP
Ferrulewax
If you don’t like them the alps mountaineering commander pack would be a good cheap option.

My recommendation would be to find a Kelty Coyote 80-100 and have that. Works just as well for backpacking, is cheap but quality, and kelty makes good gear.
How does the coyote do with loads 60-100#? I actually think I may have an old coyote kicking around just didn't think it was up to the weight

*zap*

WKR
I have a bora 95 and bora 60 that are available....make an offer.

Both were top of the line back in the day. Both in good used condition. Both have adjustable torso.

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
How does the coyote do with loads 60-100#? I actually think I may have an old coyote kicking around just didn't think it was up to the weight
My buddy had 60 pounds in his pack and it seemed to do just fine. He used the Kifaru gun bearer with it to carry his rifle. We never tagged out so never went above 60 but I think it’s going to do as well as any other pack in this category.

More comfortable than the alps frame I use by a mile and can carry just as much.