Super Down PRO Pant SIZING HELP

dapesche

WKR
Read a bunch of the reviews on Kuiu's site but can be sure on the size I need.

I'm a comfortable 33" waist and I wear 34" kuiu pants.

I've researched puffy pants for ever and it's driving me nuts. I'm just going to buy the super down pros b/c warm, weight and denier strength with reinforcements.

So 34" is about the cutoff between the medium and large for waist size.

I'm 5'10 175# and have bigger thighs (talus hybrids are tighter in my thigh/butt). My inseam is 31“ and I typically wear regular inseam Kuiu's (32" inseam).

Be curious to have your opinion on the medium vs larger for me.

Thank you.

Should I get the larges

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

mthayr

WKR
Waist wise, you are solidly medium - you'd be swimming in the large. I also wear a sz 34 Kutana and typically take them in an inch unless I want to cinch it down with a belt. I have the superdown pro mediums and they are just right over the pants. Had the original superdown pants in large and had to sell them as they'd fall down due to the waist size.

HTH

OP
dapesche

dapesche

WKR
Brilliant. Thank you.

Unfortunately they are sold out of mediums! Damnit

OP
dapesche

dapesche

WKR
Waist wise, you are solidly medium - you'd be swimming in the large. I also wear a sz 34 Kutana and typically take them in an inch unless I want to cinch it down with a belt. I have the superdown pro mediums and they are just right over the pants. Had the original superdown pants in large and had to sell them as they'd fall down due to the waist size.

HTH
How tight in the legs are the pro's over the kutana's?

I'm on the verge of buying the larges b/c they give me more room if I'm sitting on the ground with my knees bent glassing.

Last thing I want is to have them too tight and then the seams start getting stretched and stressed.

OP
dapesche

dapesche

WKR
One other confusing item is the inseam. Product description does not match size guide.

Is the inseam 32.5 or 34" in the large?

1561b6403c493a777582ece89ace65ab.jpg
be1a9cbba2799619a2c6fa7df404ab7f.jpg

mthayr

WKR
How tight in the legs are the pro's over the kutana's?

I'm on the verge of buying the larges b/c they give me more room if I'm sitting on the ground with my knees bent glassing.

Last thing I want is to have them too tight and then the seams start getting stretched and stressed.

My thighs are 22" at their thickest, I have never felt the Super Down Pro's were too tight. Can't speak to the inseam of the size "L" as I don't have them any more.

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I’m the same size as you and I ordered both. I kept the large. The medium was nice standing. But really tight when you sit. I felt like they may get cold while sitting being so compressed. I’m happy with the large. They fit well. Both pair were slim so not baggy at all. And you have plenty of adjustment in the waist in the large.
I wear a 32 in every day pants. Kuiu I have to wear a 34 in all pants. I’m 5’10 165 for reference.

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I bet so. I felt the mediums would work with a base layer under them. But if I wanted to put them over my pants I felt the large was the better option for me. I had both for a few days and kept trying and trying with different pant options to make sure! Haha

OP
dapesche

dapesche

WKR
thanks gents. much appreciated. I measured my quads and I'm pushing 24" over top of my jogging pants.

Millwood. How is the length of the Large? are they 34"? I'm ok with that length as they match up with my other pants with the 34" inseam.

be good to know what the inseam length is on the Larges.

When you have time could you maybe put them up against your kuiu pants and see if the lengths are the same?

Thank you!

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
thanks gents. much appreciated. I measured my quads and I'm pushing 24" over top of my jogging pants.

Millwood. How is the length of the Large? are they 34"? I'm ok with that length as they match up with my other pants with the 34" inseam.

be good to know what the inseam length is on the Larges.

When you have time could you maybe put them up against your kuiu pants and see if the lengths are the same?

Thank you!
If you have bigger thighs I’d def go large if it was me. I read reviews for days too like you and finally just ordered both to find out for myself. They are the same length as my axis and attacks.

Attachments

• 6BD13D38-E8BF-46F9-9C74-2016D472D8F5.jpeg
    6BD13D38-E8BF-46F9-9C74-2016D472D8F5.jpeg
    409.4 KB · Views: 19
  • BC4C086A-8D4B-4A77-9C10-2CC4E2F746B2.jpeg
    BC4C086A-8D4B-4A77-9C10-2CC4E2F746B2.jpeg
    451.4 KB · Views: 19
OP
dapesche

dapesche

WKR
I am very happy that I got the large. Thank you.

I'm out of shape now but the waist is perfect and the legs are too. I'll slim down in the spring but for my use over top of pants, the large is perfect.

So if you're in that 33 to 34 waist range and you don't have chicken legs then definitely get the larges.

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider
I am very happy that I got the large. Thank you.

I'm out of shape now but the waist is perfect and the legs are too. I'll slim down in the spring but for my use over top of pants, the large is perfect.

So if you're in that 33 to 34 waist range and you don't have chicken legs then definitely get the larges.

Awesome! Glad I could help you out. 👍🏼