Super Slam # 176 of 29 North American Big Game Animals

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
What a cool thread to read through! So refreshing to see a true old school legend with amazing history. I’d love to hang with you and listen to hunting stories. Makes me miss hunting with my grandfather in the mid 90s. He passed in 2006 and a deep part of me still feels his presence when I’m alone in the back country.

You clearly treasure every day, just know you’ll continue to be out there in spirit through a loved one, long after you’ve moved on from this life.

OP
Scot SS#176
This is the best thread of the year!

I definitely hope to kill the 29 in my lifetime. Sounds like I lucked out big time by shooting 2 Quebec/Labrador caribou years ago. I have a goal to go after at least 1 species a year until I get it done. Some I’ll combo together but who knows what will be closed to hunting by the time I get to it. That doesn’t even take into account the insane cost rise for some of these hunts. They could be WAY out of reach soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best luck wished for you with your NA 29 goal LiWolverine. Good on you for having experienced the Lab/Q bou adventure before that door slammed shut. I had barely returned home to Idaho from my Lab/Q caribou hunt when our Nation was attacked on Sep 11 2001 by terrorists. Coolers of my Caribou meat were delayed by air travel disruptions and spoiled enroute. Your plan to experience a new specie each year worked out very well for me. As you target lesser expensive and more convenient species, you'll learn of other opportunities that are achievable. Suggest that you sign up for free Booking Agent communications. Groups like Steve's Outdoor Adventures, Shoshone Adventures Consulting, Outdoors International and even Online Hunting Auctions can produce reasonably priced hunting opportunities. You are absolutely correct observing that prices will continue to escalate beyond reach. So enjoying your bucket list adventures Sooner rather than Later is advisable.
Good luck living your dreams.

OP
Scot SS#176
What a cool thread to read through! So refreshing to see a true old school legend with amazing history. I’d love to hang with you and listen to hunting stories. Makes me miss hunting with my grandfather in the mid 90s. He passed in 2006 and a deep part of me still feels his presence when I’m alone in the back country.

You clearly treasure every day, just know you’ll continue to be out there in spirit through a loved one, long after you’ve moved on from this life.
Very well said mxgs... The outdoor adventure passion continues with kindred spirits of each generation. I take much pleasure and enjoyment seeing my adult sons carrying the torch brightly while totally embracing the hunting culture. Like most passionate hunters, my sons can't get enough of the outdoor lifestyle and they hunt as often as circumstances allow with archery, muzzleloaders, and rifles. They are often found in remote pristine locations in Idaho, Wyoming and Alaska. Even better, each of my sons grew to be well balance adults as devoted husbands, fathers and generally solid humans. Parting thought in my brag-fest rant...thrilled to support my grandson in taking his first coyote, mule deer, antelope and elk during 2021. Thanks to good health, family, Idaho, this great Country and all factors contributing to the magic he experienced with family at the ripe old age of 10.

Gobbler36

WKR
Very well said mxgs... The outdoor adventure passion continues with kindred spirits of each generation. I take much pleasure and enjoyment seeing my adult sons carrying the torch brightly while totally embracing the hunting culture. Like most passionate hunters, my sons can't get enough of the outdoor lifestyle and they hunt as often as circumstances allow with archery, muzzleloaders, and rifles. They are often found in remote pristine locations in Idaho, Wyoming and Alaska. Even better, each of my sons grew to be well balance adults as devoted husbands, fathers and generally solid humans. Parting thought in my brag-fest rant...thrilled to support my grandson in taking his first coyote, mule deer, antelope and elk during 2021. Thanks to good health, family, Idaho, this great Country and all factors contributing to the magic he experienced with family at the ripe old age of 10.
Well said
Scot