Superdown Pro

OP
S

sivart

WKR
Is there another comparable option. Just buying for winter coat, won't neccesarily hunt with it.

Skeeter

FNG
Believe it was on sale about a week ago. I picked up the Pro pants during the sale for around $70 off.

ChrisAU

WKR
Lot of options that are better and cheaper IMO. Stone Glacier Grumman, Arc'Teryx Cerium LT to start with. Tons of puffy options if you don't care for camo.

eltaco

WKR
I bought a Columbia down jacket at Costco for $50. It ended up slightly lighter than my FirstLite Brooks jacket and far warmer.

The pro is legit. I wore it for 11 days straight backpack mule deer hunting in very windy, nasty conditions. Incredibly warm and weighs very little. Excellent water repelling of the outer fabric and the down itself. It is overkill for a lot of situations, but if you need warmth and ultra light with good weather resistance...it is hard to beat.

And absolutely not in the same league as the Costco jacket lol.

The SG Grumman, SKRE ptarmigan, and Kryptek Altitude Ghar are all similar in down fill weight with high fill power water repellent down. Each of the 4 have a little different design and purpose. If it was a winter jacket I would look at the Ghar for $170-200 on camofire or just call them since they usually match the last price they had it on the site for which was $170 last week or weekend.