Superfeet comfort?

Split toe

WKR
Are the superfeet uncomfortable to some people? I have the oranges ones and just put them in some new crispi summits and I am not impressed with the superfeet. I feel like there is to much arch support.

marktole

WKR
I feel this way about the super feet insoles I have tried in the past. Feels like the arch support part is actually pushing too hard into my foot and it's very uncomfortable. I have had a few other insole brands do that as well. The insoles I found that have bee working are the stock soles out of a pair of Schnee's Beartooth II boots. Don't know what it is about them, but they work great for me. Have been moving them between my boots as I need to wear them.

Phaseolus

WKR
Superfeet do not work for my foot shape and are painful. I use custom footbeds which are expensive but necessary for me.

OP
Split toe

Split toe

WKR
If superfeet do not fit me well, I guess that means I do not need significant arch support, any recommendations on another type of insole?

Maybe you need a different color. I went to REI and they made me stand on a contraption in the shoe department and it spit out a conclusion that I need the greens. So now I put superfeet greens into every shoe I buy. They’re great.

grfox92

WKR
Are the superfeet uncomfortable to some people? I have the oranges ones and just put them in some new crispi summits and I am not impressed with the superfeet. I feel like there is to much arch support.
When I first tried my Superfeet green I said the same thing you're saying. I thought maybe they weren't for me. But I kept them and wore them anyway and after they "broke in" a little bit they got incredible comfortable.

I work 10-hour days on my feet on concrete floors and they've helped my feet more than any individual shoe or boot ever has in the last 10 years.

I would recommend trying them for a little while before giving up on them.

Just my .02

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
Split toe

Split toe

WKR
When I first tried my Superfeet green I said the same thing you're saying. I thought maybe they weren't for me. But I kept them and wore them anyway and after they "broke in" a little bit they got incredible comfortable.

I work 10-hour days on my feet on concrete floors and they've helped my feet more than any individual shoe or boot ever has in the last 10 years.

I would recommend trying them for a little while before giving up on them.

Just my .02

I don't know if I could tolerate the break-in, the bottom of my feet are still aching in the arch 4 hours after taking the boots off lol

grfox92

WKR
I don't know if I could tolerate the break-in, the bottom of my feet are still aching in the arch 4 hours after taking the boots off lol
maybe you need the one with less arch support? Not sure which color that is, but it is also possible that SF just don't Jive with your feet.

One thing I know for sure is that my feet HATED the factory Crispi insole. Those sure vent holes chewed up my feet like a cheese grater.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I love the Superfeet Orange. I have them in three pairs of boots and even some dress shoes. Definitely get your feet checked and choose the right ones.

i'm one of those guys that need the arch support and the green ones really help me. if you've got flatter feet the black superfoot insoles might be the ticket.

OP
Split toe

Split toe

WKR
i'm one of those guys that need the arch support and the green ones really help me. if you've got flatter feet the black superfoot insoles might be the ticket.
Do y'all feel that the superfeet, regardless the color, provide more support/cushion than the stock crispi insoles?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Do y'all feel that the superfeet, regardless the color, provide more support/cushion than the stock crispi insoles?

Without a doubt. I haven't found a stock insole that will survive several years and 100's of miles of mountain terrain, let alone just normal use. I've had the same Orange SF in one pair of Zamberlan Dakota's that I've used every elk season since 2013 and they're still fine. I have them in my Crispi's and another pair of Zamberlans as well.

the superfeet i use have nothing really to do with cushioning. it's about putting support and stiffness where it's needed. i think a lot of people think insoles are all supposed to feel like those dr. scholls squishy gel things that feel like you're putting a pillow under your feet. i don't have any experience with crispi insoles but typically stock insoles are just a piece of foam with very little structure.

sneaky

"DADDY"
That tells me you bought the wrong color superfeet. They make ones with varying degrees of arch support

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk