Superfeet Insoles for Normal Arch

NDGuy

WKR
I was looking at the Blackovis sale and was confused as it seems all the options are for high arch or at least that is what is in the description on the site. Are there any insoles designed for normal feet that would be good in Crispi Idahos? I don't like my stock insoles and want something with more comfort.

Jimss

WKR
I have foot neroma and require padded insoles. Superfeet are WAY to hard and torture on my feet. Some guys swear by Superfeet but all the ones I've tried may have support but virtually no padding.

mlgc20

WKR
The Blue Superfeet is probably what your looking for. I have them in my Lowa Renegades. They are incredibly comfortable. Jimss is correct, that they don’t have much padding. But, I've never missed it.

Apollo117

WKR
I have foot neroma and require padded insoles. Superfeet are WAY to hard and torture on my feet. Some guys swear by Superfeet but all the ones I've tried may have support but virtually no padding.
You're right about the lack of padding. Which is by design. Superfeet insoles are designed to splay your foot out and confirm it to the insoles rather than provide padding.

The Superfeet FAQ page explains it better than I can.

Jimss

WKR
I wear padded insoles plus padded socks. There's a lot of guys that don't need padding....I'm envious!

CO-AJ

WKR
I just bought some orange superfeet for my asolo's. My feet seemed to recover faster after spending 2 days hiking around on mountain property. They didn't move around and they didn't cause the sock to bunch up. I was just wearing regular athletic socks and not a true hiking sock. The orange superfeet have a bit more padding on the fore foot over the green. I didn't look at the blue.

_Scooter_

Lil-Rokslider
Also with Superfeet (or any other aftermarket insole) make sure you try them out first and make sure the arch on the insole lines up with the arch on your foot. In many cases you may need to size up on the insole to get the arch to line up properly with your foot, then cut the insole down to fit inside the boot. Going with your actual size may mean that the arch isn't properly aligned.

+1 for trying them out.

I have a wide foot with a highish arch. I run super foot greens in my crispis. Honestly I have run them so long, I am not sure if there is something better out there because I haven’t felt compelled to switch. Only issue I have had with mine in 10+ years is they will take up enough room in the toe box of some fits to ruin the fit (toes pressed against the top of the boot). This is moRE of a boot compatibility issue though Than a problem with the insole.

KMW

FNG
I have a normal arch and tried blue, green and orange. I ended up using the blue and love them.

Can't recall which ones are in my running shoes but I use Carbons in both pair of my Kenetreks. Regular arch.

I have a normal arch and tried blue, green and orange. I ended up using the blue and love them.

That's because blue is for normal arch. Green and orange are for people with high arches.

I have normal arches and use blue. I'm feeling like I could use more padding at times with my Lowa Tibets, and may just get a thin flat insole to use under them.

Rusty85

WKR
Ditch the idea of superfeet and go with Lathrop and sons. I have neutral feet and they’re the only insoles that have worked with my feet. I don’t understand why all these boot and insole companies assume that everyone needs high arch support.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Ditch the idea of superfeet and go with Lathrop and sons. I have neutral feet and they’re the only insoles that have worked with my feet. I don’t understand why all these boot and insole companies assume that everyone needs high arch support.

I've never had any foot or boot issues, and whatever boot I chose fits and works just fine from an insole perspective. But most all stock insoles wear out quickly. So I tried some L&S's and hated those things. They slid all over the place and bunched up in the boot. They sent me new ones because they said they had a bad batch, but the new ones did the same thing.

So I tried some Superfeet Orange.......and have been using them since in all my boots. I have no problems with these, and they seem to last longer than the boots do.

fmyth

WKR
I ruined the Gortex booty in my new Salewas on the first day of my hunt after putting in Superfeet insoles that were marketed as "safe" for Goretex equipped boots. Nothing like having wet feet every time you step in a puddle or wet grass.

Rusty85

WKR
I've never had any foot or boot issues, and whatever boot I chose fits and works just fine from an insole perspective. But most all stock insoles wear out quickly. So I tried some L&S's and hated those things. They slid all over the place and bunched up in the boot. They sent me new ones because they said they had a bad batch, but the new ones did the same thing.

So I tried some Superfeet Orange.......and have been using them since in all my boots. I have no problems with these, and they seem to last longer than the boots do.

Everyone’s feet are different. So you’ve got to find what works for you. My choice may not be someone else’s choice. But I’ve tried the orange and the blue superfeet and my feet didn’t react well to them. So to each their own.