superfeet to sheepsfeet

had anyone switched and been impressed or happy ?
didn't like them?
thinking of buying a pair as they are on sale.
like the superfeet but hesitant to buy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

xcutter

WKR
I made the switch. The Sheepfeet are awesome. I've had lots of trouble with my feet and they made a huge difference. I wear them everyday in my boots to work as well. I can stand on concrete all day with no issues. There is a break in period after you get them. Probably took a month for my body to adjust. Basically wear them everyday until they are uncomfortable then swap your other insoles back. Do this until you have no more discomfort. Eventually you won't have to use stock/superfeet insoles anymore.

Id agree with the above im going on a uear woth them and actuall just ordered a half insert yesterday cause i love mine but hate switching amongst shoes. Cured my plantar fachiatus after about a month

I went down the rabbit hole, waiting on my sheep feet to arrive back to me after doing my imprints. What sold me was the idea of an orthotic not an insole (superfeet). I also bought into the examples they show of how their cushioning absorbs impact better. The most uncomfortable part for me on a hunt is the long heavy downhill pack out and that’s where my feet can start to bother me, so hoping this will help some or all of that.

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using mine a year now and love them. As stated above they do take a while to get your body used to them but when you do, you'll love them.

I can honestly say after a full days hunt the first thing on my mind isn't to get my shoes off as soon as I get back to camp.

OP
F
did you guys get the 2x cushion ? heel stabilizers?

I really like my superfeet coppers so not sure i need the stabilizers

I did the stabilizer and 1 cusion I think, they have a video for that makes it sound like you pick the cushion thickness based on how the boot fits you. I think its on there you tube. but definatly buy them soon so you can break them in early. I really don't think youll regret buying them if you suffer from sensitive feet.

THIS is the exact thread that I was looking to see. I have had a severe case of Planter Fachiatus for a while now, and I need to cure it. I try and hammer out walking 8 miles a day, and some mornings my heels are just painful. This AM I sat there wanting to pull the trigger, but I hesitated. I was playing mind games between the SheepFeet and a new backpack. At the end of the day, I need healthy feet to carry a pack. So it is a no brainer. Just gonna have to pull the trigger. Thanks to @fisherman983 for bringing the topic up and helping me make a decision!

xcutter

WKR
did you guys get the 2x cushion ? heel stabilizers?

I really like my superfeet coppers so not sure i need the stabilizers

I also used the Superfeet Copper before I got the sheetfeet as I have flat feet. I got the 2x cushion and heel stabilizers. Haven't tried them in any other scenario so I can't offer any advice if one is better than the other.

Just pulled the trigger on the Sheep Feet. I bought the combo to get the full and half. If you use the code Gritty, you get a discount as well. I am pumped up to try these out. I finally figured that it is worth the investment to have happy feet in lieu of pain each morning. After reading all the reviews on here today, I made the right decision!

Rodmor80

FNG
You don’t just get a couple pairs...you order and they send you a kit to take impression of your feet and then they make you a customer orthotic. It’s not an off the rack insole.
Thank you for the info but I know what they are. I need to have a pair made for my work and hunting boots and a pair made for my wife's hunting boots. They aren't cheap so any opportunity to same some money on 3 pairs I will take advantage of if or when it's available.

Stalker69

WKR
Dang those are spendy, has any body had planter fasciitis and these not helped ? I have it bad, and have tried a lot of different insoles and have not found one that works yet. If these actualy work, I don’t mind spending the $$, but if they are like all the others I don’t want to waste my money.

BadDogPSD

WKR
I was a bit underwhelmed with the Sheepsfeet insoles. I've had full custom orthotics in the past that somehow got lost in a move.
My podiatrist recommended SOLE insoles and while not as good as the full customs, they tend to work better (for me) than Sheepsfeet. My podiatrist said she could do some modifications to the SOLE insoles that would make them better... I just need to make the time to go see her.

Edit: The SOLE insoles are $55 on Amazon.

I did, when i ordered i figured there wasnt really a con to having it verse not getting it and wishing i did

LG1

FNG
I've been wearing custom orthotics made by a podiatrist for 15 years. Fulltime wearer. Got them because I was darn near crippled with plantar fasciitis at the time. Having one pair of orthotics sucked due to all the changing between shoes. On a whim, I ordered a set of SheepFeet this past Christmas so I wouldn't always have to be switching orthotics in and out and just to see if I could find something that matched my customs in fit and quality. I have been wearing the SF for about 5 months and find them very comparable in build to my customs from 15 years ago.

I hear people say SF are too expensive... I paid $350 15 years ago for my orthotics and just paid around $230 for the SF with full length, double thickness and heel cup. The SF are a bargain when compared to the podiatrist version.

All that said, my SF have worked very well. I wouldn't get SF without the heel cup. It took a little break in period, to get my feet used to them even though I'm a daily wearer of orthotics. My plantar fasciitis has been gone a long time and I thank my custom orthotics for curing me. The cost of a custom orthotic is a small price to pay to have feet feeling great and being able to do long hikes