superfeet to sheepsfeet

Seems like a lot of guys get these to cure PF. But, what about guys that don't that. My feet just get super sore after about 5 miles with a heavy pack, do these help with that issue?

OP
F
ordered a set, without heel stabilizers.. hopefully don't regret it

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Firehawk

WKR
I have used a few pairs of Superfeet over the years as I always need something more than the stock insoles for my fit and proper fit. I ordered my first pair of Sheep Feet at TAC last year and got the double layer and heel stabilizers for my hunting/hiking boots. I love them!!! Then I ordered a single layer without heel stabilizers for my everyday shoes. While they were good, I did notice my issue with Sulpination (sp?) was an issue and I sent those orthotics back in for the heel stabilizers to be added. Fixed that issue and they are extremely comfortable.

You will really appreciate the fact that Sheep Feet are made for YOUR feet. Not a standard foot to fit most people like a commercial aftermarket insole has to do. I hope that this helps.

Received my SheepFeet last week and took them for a trek on Sunday. I am a little perplexed in my thinking because I would've thought that the insert would be snug to my foot. There is actually a little gapping between my suck and the arch support. At first I thought maybe I didn't depress deep enough into the foam, but I know I followed the directions exactly. I guess time can only tell, but my first thoughts are 'why did I pay so much for something Superfeet can provide for a fraction of the cost'. Here is to hoping I am all wrong and these things get better. I will continue to update as I get more miles on these orthotics.

Can anyone give input on SheepFeet vs. Lathrop & Sons Synergy?

Absolutely hate SuperFeet, have liked the L&S so far.

OP
F
Received my SheepFeet last week and took them for a trek on Sunday. I am a little perplexed in my thinking because I would've thought that the insert would be snug to my foot. There is actually a little gapping between my suck and the arch support. At first I thought maybe I didn't depress deep enough into the foam, but I know I followed the directions exactly. I guess time can only tell, but my first thoughts are 'why did I pay so much for something Superfeet can provide for a fraction of the cost'. Here is to hoping I am all wrong and these things get better. I will continue to update as I get more miles on these orthotics.
just got mine this week and feel the exact same way... so far after about 4 miles I feel as if I wasted several hundred dollars

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Following along. I’m going to try something this year also. Maybe I’ll try the less expensive superfeet or sole before diving into sheepfeet.

Wags

WKR
Seems like a lot of guys get these to cure PF. But, what about guys that don't that. My feet just get super sore after about 5 miles with a heavy pack, do these help with that issue?

That could be several other issues. It could be that your feet are not adjusted to the load. It could be your foot adjusting from what you normally wear to those boots and so on... I've found when I get foot pain it's usually my feet needing to harden up and adjust to the weight. Much like working out in the gym adding that weight taxes your feet's normal load and endurance. I use a lacrosse ball and break up that tissue, Ice for inflammation and massaging them. In time my feet have always adapted.

If not i've found the right insole in the right boot does make a difference.

I will say this.....my PF wasn't as bad this morning when I woke up as it has been in the last months. I hammered out a pretty good 5 miles yesterday with a loaded pack (for time), and my feet did hurt yesterday. However, this AM there isn't the pain that there normally is. It might be the fact that there is a pretty large blister on my heel and smaller one on a toe that is taking away the focus, but overall I can say that my feel feel better. I do really need to remember to put the half-insert I also got into my walking shoes. I really want to see what that does as well.

cured_ham

WKR
I am loving my superfeet greens but ordered some Sheepfeet for this upcoming season. Had an impromptu knee surgery and am likely going to be needing as much support as I can get in the leg departments. Mine will be in tomorrow.

Stalker69

WKR
Well, I have wore them a few times now, and damn do they hurt my feet. I believe it may take awhile to adjust to them though. But what really concerns me is they only fit one pair of my shoes. They are way to wide in the arch and heel to fit any other pairs of my shoes or boots. The ones they fit in they really bulge the sides of shoes out. I feel as though, these are not what I expected them to be. Expensive lessen, I do not know what else to try now.

Well, I have wore them a few times now, and damn do they hurt my feet. I believe it may take awhile to adjust to them though. But what really concerns me is they only fit one pair of my shoes. They are way to wide in the arch and heel to fit any other pairs of my shoes or boots. The ones they fit in they really bulge the sides of shoes out. I feel as though, these are not what I expected them to be. Expensive lessen, I do not know what else to try now.
DON'T give up yet! I am in my second week of wearing them (every few days) and the day after my feet are a little sore, but overall they are a LOT better. I was very skeptical as well (see my other posts), but the more that I use them, the better my feet get and the more comfort I have. I have a couple pair of Crispi's and I did have to wedge the insert in there (after cutting it) and I am able to get them in and out between boots.
I cannot tell you what to do, but can only suggest that you keep hammering them out for a few more weeks before throwing in the towel on them.

cured_ham

WKR
My Sheepfeet showed up Monday and I have been wearing them on and off since. I expect them to take a week or two to break in. Caleb from Sheepfeet has also been very responsive to any of my questions so it may be worth calling him with your concerns.

Yooper

WKR
Got my Sheepfeet this past winter along with a new pair of Beartooth boots to put them in. Put on a lot of miles in that combo only to have issues with sizing on the boot. Toe pinch across the top and heel slip in my left boot. On a whim I took out the Sheepfeet insoles and put the stock insoles back in. Heel locked in on both boots and no more pinching across the toes. For me the Sheepfeet just took up too much volume in the boot. I went with no heel stabilizer and only single layer of padding. A bit disappointed to say the least. Can't blame that on Sheepfeet either.....just not a good combo with that boot and my foot.

Got my Sheepfeet this past winter along with a new pair of Beartooth boots to put them in. Put on a lot of miles in that combo only to have issues with sizing on the boot. Toe pinch across the top and heel slip in my left boot. On a whim I took out the Sheepfeet insoles and put the stock insoles back in. Heel locked in on both boots and no more pinching across the toes. For me the Sheepfeet just took up too much volume in the boot. I went with no heel stabilizer and only single layer of padding. A bit disappointed to say the least. Can't blame that on Sheepfeet either.....just not a good combo with that boot and my foot.
Thats a very fair assessment. I have that same issue in one of my boot pairs. For some reason my feet are just oddly sized for that boot. I did compare and that Sheepfeet are a little bit thicker than the stock liners that Crispi comes with. I am hoping that my feet will settle into these liners and all will be well.
Every night I try to hammer out a couple miles in my boots to break these liners in. I think it is working and the pain that my PF has been causing me in the mornings is going away. I am just gonna keep the course here and see what happens!

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
I appreciate everyone sharing their feedback. I'm very close to ordering Sheepfeet or L&S. This feedback is great!