Superfeet Trailblazer vs Adapt Hike Max

Anyone tried the somewhat new superfeet adapt hike max that can compare to the trailblazers? I see there is a few differences but curious if anyone has tried both and has some real world experience. Which you prefer and why? I've tried a few different insoles including some other superfeet models and like their stuff. Thinking about trying one of these two.

Per superfeets website on the difference between the two:

"ADAPT Hike Max offers medium-to-high arch support, with a deep heel cup. ADAPT Hike's heel cushion and forefoot zone cushion are similar to our ORANGE and BERRY insole and help with cushioning and rebound. These two areas have a more grippy texture than our TRAILBLAZER insoles and helps add dampening properties to the pads which provides a more plush experience with each step. The heel cap is designed to flex and adapt to your foot's natural motion.

TRAILBLAZER Comfort offers high arch support. The heel cap of these insoles is a carbon fiber blend and will have a much more structured feel under your feet. The heel cap helps to stabilize your foot on the uneven ground. TRAILBLAZER minimizes foot fatigue and reduces shifting in your boots. It also features a H.I.T (Heel Impact Technology) POD which helps disperses impact for touch ascents and descents."

The trailblazer with the carbon arch support under it - a simliar superfeet insole is on sale at sierra trading post now for 19.99 and has that same arch support. I own a few of those - pick them up on sale - you can keep using that arch support and place the footbed of your choice on top of it so it just keeps going. Some of the superfeet insoles on sale they make for new balance - some of those have that same arch support too. Might be worth picking up a pair and trying them for that price.

I prefer them highly over the green superfeet fwiw.

Oh - and the adapt max just means its for high arches - not more cushion
So if you have regular or low arches then you want the regular Adapt and not the Max version

Hope that helps

OP
ShortMountain91
The trailblazer with the carbon arch support under it - a simliar superfeet insole is on sale at sierra trading post now for 19.99 and has that same arch support. I own a few of those - pick them up on sale - you can keep using that arch support and place the footbed of your choice on top of it so it just keeps going. Some of the superfeet insoles on sale they make for new balance - some of those have that same arch support too. Might be worth picking up a pair and trying them for that price.

I prefer them highly over the green superfeet fwiw.
Thanks for the heads up but really just considering these two

If you are still curious if found this. Seems like a pretty thorough comparison between the two.

Reactions: prm
OP
ShortMountain91
If you are still curious if found this. Seems like a pretty thorough comparison between the two.

Thanks that was a great overview. Appreciate you pointing it out. Think I'm gonna try some of the adapt hike max out

I bought the Adapt Hike Max to try out an immediately sent them back. The slope of the heel cup seemed much more pronounced than the superfeet guide. In multiple pairs of boots, it felt like the back of my heel was being pinched by the insole.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
ShortMountain91
Thought I'd follow up on this in case anyone is comparing these 2 insoles like I was. With the black Friday sale I grabbed a pair of the adapt hike max. Initial impression is they feel amazing to my feet. The deep heel cup and arch profile seem to fit my foot perfect. They have a spongeyness to them that I really like. I think Superfeet calls this rebound but to me it's like cushion without a memory foam feel if that makes sense. They need to go on a hunt before I declare them "the insole" but so far so good

prm

WKR
Thought I'd follow up on this in case anyone is comparing these 2 insoles like I was. With the black Friday sale I grabbed a pair of the adapt hike max. Initial impression is they feel amazing to my feet. The deep heel cup and arch profile seem to fit my foot perfect. They have a spongeyness to them that I really like. I think Superfeet calls this rebound but to me it's like cushion without a memory foam feel if that makes sense. They need to go on a hunt before I declare them "the insole" but so far so good
Any follow-up? Looking at these now for a new set of boots.

OP
ShortMountain91
Any follow-up? Looking at these now for a new set of boots.
Yep the adapt hike max is now my go to. Have done a few hunts in them now in some decently steep terrain and my feet have always felt great during and afterwards. Have not hauled any meat using them yet but have hauled my pack around in them a few times. I'm a big fan

Reactions: prm

Bazookas

FNG
Wanted to revisit this thread for feedback, I'm debating between the adapt hike and the trailblazers. Trailblazers sound like they're more rigid and could be better for heavier loads?