Supertarp for glassing?

I’ve been debating between the kifaru supertarp and the paratarp. I’d like the space of the supertarp for sleeping but I’d also like to use the shelter for glassing under in the rain here in the PNW. Am I crazy for thinking I’ll set up the supertarp as a flat tarp to glass under or will I catch some wind and sail away? Any experience with this? Thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bitbckt

Lil-Rokslider
I never pitch it as I would a flat tarp - I use a sheep tarp for glassing in rain/sun - but I don’t see why you couldn’t glass out of it, pitched high in front.

You could just pitch the front up high and use some lines to pull the bottom edges out to the side. I’m 6’2” and can comfortably sit up with it pitched tight to the ground.

tdhanses

WKR
Get a Borah Gear tarp for glassing, it’s cheap and weighs 5 or 6oz and plenty big at 5.5x8ft. Plus then it’ll always be in your pack.

OP
Hectocotylus
Get a Borah Gear tarp for glassing, it’s cheap and weighs 5 or 6oz and plenty big at 5.5x8ft. Plus then it’ll always be in your pack.

How strong is that tarp? Pulling eyelets out is no fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbrown

WKR
Used my ST for that plenty of times. Also works well for a hang out area around camp when the weather doesn’t cooperate