Supertarp purchased!!

Lawnboi

WKR
How many stakes are all of you using for the Super Tarp and annex? I got some lightweight ones from Hilleberg that were on sale 10 stakes weight 3.8 oz, just curious how many you are packing?

depends how good of a 'seal' you want with the ground. 5 is all you really NEED. But i prefer more to get a good seal with the ground.

Rizzy

WKR
I started out with about 8 6" stakes and now have about 12. I started packing more just for convenience. I have recently found a need to switch out a couple of the 6" stakes for a couple 8" or 10" for soft ground. I supplement with sticks if need be for dicey set ups.

dotman

WKR
I'll be taking 1 of the viper stakes for each point, total weight 6oz. Off the top of my head there are 16 possible staking point which is what i'll take but probably not use all.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I try and set my ST up near trees and utilize those, but either way, I rarely use more than 6 during the summer and early Sept months.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I will play with it when I get the tent and see. I am thinking 7 to pitch the tent and annex plus 4 to make sure I can always use the pullouts to increase useable space. I will be using it as a 2 man shelter this year. I bought about 20 viper pegs and 10 pro pegs from hilleberg because they were on sale, so I have enough for a few supertarps. ;)

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was feeling left out so I had to buy one as well:) A hunters Louis Vuitton of tarps it is.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
What are you guys running for sleep systems under the ST or any floorless shelter? I am going to use two pads on top of tyvek. One is a Thermarest Z-lite the other is a Thermarest Neo-air all season and I am running either a Zpacks quilt or montbell UL down hugger. I am wondering how many people run a water resistant bivy sack instead of the tyvek?

Hi guys, my super tarp didnt come with the guy out points. Is there a chance some one could post up a close up photo of the guy out point thats attatched to the tarp ?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Mark.

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What are you guys running for sleep systems under the ST or any floorless shelter? I am going to use two pads on top of tyvek. One is a Thermarest Z-lite the other is a Thermarest Neo-air all season and I am running either a Zpacks quilt or montbell UL down hugger. I am wondering how many people run a water resistant bivy sack instead of the tyvek?

Thats similar to what I use. Take a look at the gossamer gear 1/4 thinlite evazote pad. Mine weighs 3.6 oz, so for milder weather I like it over the z lite. (I have both).

Thats similar to what I use. Take a look at the gossamer gear 1/4 thinlite evazote pad. Mine weighs 3.6 oz, so for milder weather I like it over the z lite. (I have both).

Would you use this in snow? I have the Gossamer Gear and the Ridge Rest and I'm trying to decide which or both (or more?) is going to be needed if I'm on top of snow this November.

dotman

WKR
Hi guys, my super tarp didnt come with the guy out points. Is there a chance some one could post up a close up photo of the guy out point thats attatched to the tarp ?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Mark.

I would but I don't have a picture, when did you order yours? I think they started to put them on as a standard option sometime last year.

dotman

WKR
Actually look at post #28, that is as good of a pic as you will get of them, same on the para and super.

#28 is a good pic but I want a close up of where the guy line meets the tarp. I think I read somewhere that you can send your tarp back to kifaru and they will do the upgrade for $50.00.
From Australia it will cost me another $50.00 to send it , so if I can get a close up I will make my own , I just wanted to see it so I can do the same.
Cheers
Mark.