Supertarp purchased!!

cmeier117

WKR
Finally placed an order for my ST and Annex this morning!! Angie was super nice as always and is great to deal with. For you ST owners does it come with any cord or anything for pulling out the side of the tarp?

dotman

WKR
Nope no cord for the guylines. You are going to be shocked at how big it is.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
funny how we can be worse than small children at Christmas when it comes to gear.

Sweet. Your gonna love the super tarp. Such an amazing shelter. No got cordage from rei. 400 lb test and reflective

Gman

WKR
I run one tied at each end running through the middle loop. Use 2 pegs to pull it tight. And I mean TIGHT. Don't be afraid. I was pulling mine taught for a while and someone showed me to pull them nice and tight. It makes the pitch better and lasts better over a couple of days. I use Kelty trip tease for mine.

One thing I'm experimenting with my para tarp is using mini itze guy line figure 8 hooks to give me multiple pitch options. I took my length of trip tease and made small loops in each end. On the forward side loop of the para-tarp I secured the line via the loop-loop connection. I can now run the line through the middle side loop and back side loop and secure via the itze figure 8 hook for a traditional pitch OR run it right from the front side guy out loop around a tree or remove the line and attach it to the front corner for more of a wing pitch. I've yet to field test this system but have a trip planned in a couple of weeks and think the versatility of this may make it a winner.

Lawnboi

WKR
take pictures gman if you can.

I need to pull out my paratarp and play with different ways to set it up. I still think ill use the normal way with the stove most of the time though.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
I just thought about this but do the Super tarps come standard with the side pullouts on them like the sawtooth now?

Rizzy

WKR
Supertarp set ups from the last few trips this spring

Attachments

• P8310037.jpg
    P8310037.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0036.jpg
    IMG_0036.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 129

Jager

WKR
Can I ask what may sound like a stupid question, but why the floorless sleeping shelters? Is it primarily so some type of heater can be used under cover? Please forgive me for asking, my hunting situations in Australia are probably vastly different. When I do use some type of shelter it is generally a wall less one, otherwise it is just a sleeping bag inside a bivi bag.

Thanks

dotman

WKR
Can I ask what may sound like a stupid question, but why the floorless sleeping shelters? Is it primarily so some type of heater can be used under cover? Please forgive me for asking, my hunting situations in Australia are probably vastly different. When I do use some type of shelter it is generally a wall less one, otherwise it is just a sleeping bag inside a bivi bag.

Thanks

Yup the ability to add a stove is 1 reason, the other is the reduction in weight. I don't think I would run one down under :)

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR

Thanks

Stove, Don't have to worry about taking muddy boots off, you can dump out water next to you, lighter, more versatile. I will run no annex in summer and then an annex come hunting season and a bivy in the winter. I already carry trekking poles so it will be super light weight. with guy lines and stakes and annex I am looking at well under 2 lbs. It can also be used as a normal tarp if/when you get an animal down and the weather turns. I was deciding between a Hilleberg Nallo 2 gt and super tarp. Took 9 months to decide but am glad I went with Super tarp.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Ive had a Nallo 2 and a ST. I'd take the ST too. The difference in packed size is remarkable.

I should have ordered a kifaru compression sack to go with it. I plan on putting the sleeping bag and ST in one bag and compression the heck out of it.

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
How many stakes are all of you using for the Super Tarp and annex? I got some lightweight ones from Hilleberg that were on sale 10 stakes weight 3.8 oz, just curious how many you are packing?