Supper curve Limbs vx standard high end ILF limbs

TDHunter

FNG
I've been researching for weeks and have got my limb choices down to a few. I'm having to drop weight because of age and injuries and don't want to give up Speed. I'm currently shooting two sets of 50lb TradTech limbs.
1. tradtech RC carbon wood limbs
2. Tradtech Carbon extreme limbs
(both made by Samick)

Because I don't want to loose speed and I have to drop 45 lbs I know I will have to spend money for high end ILF limbs. Looking at
Morrison Max 6
Uukha SX+
Uukha Sx100
Win&Win MXT-10

Any thoughts, experiences etc. will be helpful as there never seems to be that many reviews on the high end stuff

Thanks
Allan

oldgoat

WKR
I don't have any numbers in my head for what you listed, we owned a few pairs of the Dryad ACS RC limbs, wife shot some that were 42#@28", she pulls 28" and they flung a 500gr arrow 170fps. That was 10fps faster than the bow she shot before that was 43#@28"and that bows like we're comparable to the trad tech limbs in performance.
I know rmsgear just became a uuhka dealer, they might be able to give you some numbers on them, I hear that the low end ones of those shoot about as well as the high end ones.

Just remember, the big hook limbs will twist easier than what you have been shooting, it's not like you have to carry them through the woods with bubble wrap on them or anything, just be careful transporting them, twice I had mine shift in the back of the truck, they were in soft case on top of all the gear, totally my fault and I was able to twist back into shape and go hunting.

Last edited:

Grand Passage

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have any numbers in my head for what you listed, we owned a few pairs of the Dryad ACS RC limbs, wife shot some that were 42#@28", she pulls 28" and they flung a 500gr arrow 170fps. That was 10fps faster than the bow she shot before that was 43#@28"and that bows like we're comparable to the trad tech limbs in performance.
I know rmsgear just became a uuhka dealer, they might be able to give you some numbers on them, I hear that the low end ones of those shoot about as well as the high end ones.

Just remember, the big hook limbs will twist easier than what you have been shooting, it's not like you have to carry them through the woods with bubble wrap on them or anything, just be careful transporting them, twice I had mine shift in the back of the truck, they were in soft case on top of all the gear, totally my fault and I was able to twist back into shape and go hunting.

What limbs were the ones you had twist that easy, and what was the core material?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
A pair of the Dryad ACS RC, no idea what was in them, that was 8 years ago, had same thing happen with wapiti that have pretty big hooks, don't know what was in them other than black glass, all my fault on both of them, but they do twist easier than standard recurve stuff in my experience

Kentucky

WKR
You should check out Backwoods Composites.
US company. And from what I heard they are the best SR limb out there. I’ve never shot them though.. I only have experience with uukha and they are superb.. I’ve heard some not so good things about the Morrison limbs in the past, but just hearsay, I’ve never had and personal experience with them… Morrison customer service was good though.

bobinmi

WKR
Everyone should shoot a supercurve before buying. They are not for everyone. I would not buy a used set of Border limbs though, they have a pretty narrow operating window due to the design and if the person before you didn't stick within that window you can end up with limbs failing on you. They are like a ferrari though and some of the fastest stickbow limbs on the planet. I'm not a fan of the spongy feeling at my anchor.

oldgoat

WKR
Everyone should shoot a supercurve before buying. They are not for everyone. I would not buy a used set of Border limbs though, they have a pretty narrow operating window due to the design and if the person before you didn't stick within that window you can end up with limbs failing on you. They are like a ferrari though and some of the fastest stickbow limbs on the planet. I'm not a fan of the spongy feeling at my anchor.
Yeah, I shot my buddies Covert, didn't like the grip or that "spongy" feel, at all!

bisblue

WKR
I shot someone else's bow at my first 3d shoot. Border 6.5 limbs on a 21" Hoyt riser. His #50 setup seemed easier to draw and shoot than my #40 limbs.
I now have two sets of used super recurve limbs...... Shooting 600ish grain arrows.
I'm new to traditional archery but knew I needed a set once I shot his setup. I'm a western hunter shooting open spaces.

bobinmi

WKR
I should clarify my point because it appears that I don't like them after my original post. I think they are the future of recurve limbs at the highest levels. They just feel very different than what most people are used to and outside of what I normally like. Some day when I'm forced to drop my draw weight I'll be buying a set for sure. The performance from those things is astonishing to me and the ability to drop into more manageable weight without a loss of energy is very cool.