Supplements?

Anybody use them like before and after workouts such as wilderness athletes or all the other companies that you can find at your local GNC .

What's everyone's thoughts on using them and if you do what do you use?

I use Blitzz for my pre workout and then whey protein after. I dont get to crazy with them but i have tried quite a few pre workout mixes. Jack3d seems to work pretty well before you have to up the dose as well.

shaun

WKR
Over the years I have taken everything under the sun to say the least. Right now I am just doing protien Amino Acids with BCAA's and Glutamine. Pre workout you cant go wrong with Jacked 3D or 1MR. I swear by pre workouts especially since I am normally at the gym around 330 every morning. I have messed with the Wilderness athlete stuff and wasnt too impressed with it, as there are other companys out there puttng out the same or better products at a better price. Personally I prefer Gasparri Nutrition I have been using them for about 10 years

jmez

WKR
I take branched chain amino acids and use protein powder. I started using these as I was not recovering as quickly as I would have liked after workouts. I would be sore for three or more days. Since starting them It has been a big improvement. I use Optimum Nutrition for both. All protein is not created equal and there is a lot of junk at GNC.

Right now I take the AA's at the start of my workout and drink the protein powder about 15 minutes before. Later in the year when I start to ramp up the intensity quite a bit of the workouts I'll also drink a second protein shake mid afternoon.

I have tried most on the market, Nanotech, Jacked, all of the mainstream ones. Of all, Jacked seemed to be the best preworkout but I don't take any now. If you want a pre drink I used to just drink an energy drink. When I lifted with a body builder thats all he did. It was pretty amazing what a little sugar will do. After my workouts I try to drink/eat something with tons of protien in it.

BigSurArcher

Banned
Pre-workout, creatine, and lots of protein. A lean, high-protein diet and creatine work best for me... although I haven't been eating so lean these winter months. The extra carbs have really helped me build some more muscle the past month though. Goal is to weigh 175 with a single digit BF percentage by deer season. Last season I was 165 at 7.9% BF. Right now I'm 172 with probably around 11% BF, which carb cutting and cardio will fix down the road... not supplements.

Daniel_M

WKR
Animal Stak Multipak daily, SizeOn pre/during and a shake post workout, either Whey or CytoGainer, depends on what my carb intake needs to be. Generally leg day gets the Cytogainer.

unm1136

WKR
I like jacked. I have been largely mixing my own since I got an e-book on making your own supplements at home. Buyin in bulk is much cheaper. Most don't have propritary formulations that can't be duplicated. Jacked is one, I can't find one of the key ingredients in bulk. Chocolate milk post workout is one of my frequent ones, and after reading a swedish study on timing I tend to shoot it down as I cool down and stretch. I also wish I could find HMB in bulk. I really like how it cuts down on post workout muscle soreness.

pat

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
Like previously mentioned I've used almost every product on the market from nano to NO explode to jackd/yokd.

I Currently use;
Pre: Nitraflex
Muti-V, fish-oil, Vit-D 5,000IUs

I'll also throw in an isolate protein for faster absortion after my workouts and cycle Arimatest from time to time.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
My "stack" consists of: Muscle Milk Whey Protein, Muscle Pharm Assault (pre workout), Muscle Pharm Creatine (post workout).

I like the pre workout because I workout in the mornings. I usually mix 1 serving (half scoop) of assault with 1 scoop of protein and 1/2 banana right when I wake up, then 30 minutes later do my workout with straight water, then after I'll mix up 1 scoop of creatine in with my water and have a good protein packed breakfast. Everyone has their own style of how they like their supplements and this one fits me perfect. I also take a multi-vitamin to "fill in".