Supplements

Feare

FNG
I’m a big fan of the YETI, tried several flavors and they all have been good. I like mixing the blue raspberry with vanilla whey protein I’ve bought from Costco, great start to the day. Only complaint of the ops is the price for the yeti.

What would be a comparable cheaper alternative? Like the caffeine and creatine combination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlickStickSlinger

Lil-Rokslider
I've ordered some stuff from mtn ops. That being said they are headquartered about a 15 minute drive away. I cant stand their customer service. Their attitudes are garbage. As of this very moment I am waiting on an order I put in SIX days ago. I was so tired of dealing with them I out AMMO and YETI on Autoship to shave some price off. Go figure, a 15 minute drive turns into 6 days. I order twice a month from New Jersey and it gets to Utah within THREE days. These clowns tho? SMH. This isnt the first time either. You would think they would offer some sort of coupon for their lack of ability to run a proper business.

That being said, I dont care for the over priced IGNITE. It does help me focus, or the placebo effect does at least 🤷‍♂️ but my wife says it does what it says it will do. AMMO. I can attest I feel a noticeable difference in overall health after drinking it. Maybe I am that malnuturist or is just works.
I havent tried YETI yet. Starting the MTNTOUGH program and am hoping it is like magic. But if it's anything like their OX, BCAA, or RENU I'll limit my consumerism to AMMO and IGNITE only from them.

I've been a health nut gym rat in the past. I really liked Optimum Nutritions protein. They had one that encouraged lean muscle growth.

If you are single and serious 6 smaller well rounded meals per day is the best bet with coffee 30 minutes before working out to jump start is 👍

The ONLY reason to take supplements is lack of time. Otherwise nutrition should come from real food.

I am pretty good at catching vibrations of people and having quite a bit of common sense. MTN OPS feels like a bro company that is more worthy than thou. Hoyt has a similar feel. Both sign on big names and both overcharge for something another company is doing for less. Funny thing is HUSHin has the same mentality and ALL three are in UTAH.

Go figure.

At the end of the day everybody's body reacts differently to different substances ingested. Whether it's a mental change (placebo) or not.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a big visualize guy. Actually a lot of bodybuilders swear by it. Visualize your physique, work for it and your mind will modify your body to what it sees. Placebo.

I doubt the Roman and Greek sculptor were sculpting a muscular man that was jacked on MTN OPS or any other supplement.

Good. Healthy. Food. 👌

Last edited:

Feare

FNG
I really like my pre workout for a variety of reasons. I switched from mnt ops to an amazon deal which is the same thing but cheaper. I agree with the last few guys saying you don’t Need supplements which of course you don’t. But they help, if I could drink coffee and get the same results but I can’t, I’m limited on time. My alarm if I sleep to it goes off at 5am, I get up get dressed and put 7-8 oz of water in a shaker bottle slam it and go to my basement and work out till 615 rush upstairs shower and try to get ready before the kids get up. Get them ready and out the door before 725. If I did coffee I couldn’t make it and drink it before 530, I can’t drink scolding hot coffee not to mention it lacks creatine which is a staple of anyone pro supplements looking to build muscle and endurance. For less than a dollar a day, I’m seriously a huge fan of a pre workout. As far as anything else, I just eat healthy food and try to limit carbs and make sure whatever I eat has around 10g of protein per 100 calories or so. To each their own, if someone thinks a recovery drink is needed have at it if it helps them stay focused on staying healthy. My .02 coming from someone who’s knowledge only comes from YouTube and my own experience.

Clarktar

WKR
From my personal experience, I prefer to go to the supplement store. You can also order it but it's good if you visit and purchase it from the store itself.

Initially, when I started using these supplements I ordered it online but it such a horrible experience. I am from India and I personally prefer to visit supplement stores.

Currently, I am using MuscleBlaze Pre Workout.

What Pre-Workout are you using right now?
WTF. @RyanAvery

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Worn down and dehydrated? Yup, a recovery/rehydrate supp will definitely help. Worked hard all day and want to go work out? Yup, a good pre workout will boost you enough to get started and then your good. After you will feel better but actually be worn down so a good protein and recovery drink is not a bad idea. Been on a course of antibiotics for a medical reason? A good probiotic supp will boost gut health.
I guess you can say that I believe specific supplements taken for specific reasons at specific times are a good idea. I like coffee but it is a diuretic and a good pre workout is not. I normally do not take a pre workout, I do keep some in my gym pack in case I feel I need it so it is available to me.
Metabolic Nutrition psp, non stimulant pre workout is very good as is their tag recovery supp. Zippfizz is also a good energy boost and re-hydrator.

Supplements are exactly what the word is, to supplement you. If you're not getting enough protein from foods, drink a protein shake. If you worked 8-12hr day and need a boost at the gym, get a pre workout. Everything can be done without supplements.

Personally, I always have a tub of protein on hand for days I didn't eat much food wise or want a snack. I use a pre workout on days I'm just not feeling it.

Vitamins however I would recommend to everyone. A good multi vitamin and fish oil are things I take daily (I don't eat fish) so the fish oil might not be needed for some.

In reality, price aside, supplements are so close in ingredients its ridiculous to think one brand is very different or better than another. These companies do not make their own stuff. There are a dozen or so GMP certified manufacturing facilities in the country and 98% of all nutritional supplement companies go through one of them.
To get a product you can call them up, pay some money, tell them what you want and you will have samples in a week. Design a label for your brand, pick one you like and go.

All that aside, you dont need a single one of them. Period!

ESPECIALLY BCAAs!!

STOP shelling out money for the biggest sham in nutrition. You can get more BCAAs in a decent diet and it wont cost more. Absorption rate on these products suck too. You are literally shitting out that money.

Since I am a red blooded American, go buy what you want. Spend your money. Just stop falling for the BS these companies shovel out. Its a bunch of bullshit.

I used to spend money on the preworkouts and after taking advice from my trainer I started only taking pro lab caffeine pills about 30 minutes prior to my workout. Saved a lot money each month.

There's a lot that goes into good supplements and they can definitely be worth their money for good ones. Over the years I have used and tried many different pre-workouts, bcaa's, creatine, o2 boosters, whey protein and other such supplements. Recently I made a decent size purchase from Bowmar Nutrition and I'll be hard pressed to try anything else. These products are top of the line as far as testing and production. The Bowmar's strive to put the best product they can on the market and you can definitely tell once you try them!

hunting1

WKR
I am a coffee addict but for working out I love my Pre Work out! The Yeti is good and I just ordered on sale their vitamins, etc. and for me there is better after 2-week trial. I will keep using the yeti though.

Expertvoice has their stuff 50% off is why I tried it otherwise too expensive IMHO.

Wiljam09

FNG
Always use a preworkout here. Right now just whatever has been economical Muscle tech brand from Sams club right now. Have been looking through some of the Mt Ops branded as well. Maybe will try it out once I’m finished with this tub.

Hooverfb

Lil-Rokslider
The only supplements that make sense to me are fish oil since we have a hard time having the proper balance of omega 3:6 in america, glucosamine for joints, and glutamine for natural lifters looking to get the most out of a workout. Not counting protein cause that's a food lol.
That said I only recently started taking fish oil, and that's all I supplement with.

mntnguide

WKR
Mtn ops is a marketing company targeting hunters. They are not some superior supplement company. I am in the gym 5 days a week before going to work lifting and have been for years. I tried there junk years ago and will never go back. Just cause they give away hunts is why the keep people who know very little about what's in a quality supplement, buy it. I take very little, bcaa's in the morning for a little energy as a pre workout. JYM post-workout recovery... and optimum nutrition gold whey. Add in a multi vitamin and fish oil. I eat healthy naturally and don't need a pile of supplements. The JYM products are legit as he has a master's in nutritional science and developing his product. But alas, he doesn't give away free hunts so choose what you want. Id suggest getting stuff that actually works over a company with big names you recognize from your hobby

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hondo

WKR
I work out early in the morning and often need some kind of caffeine boost to help me along and I hate coffee. I tried a bunch of different pre-workout energy supplement mixes before stumbling across ON Amino Energy at Costco. The combination of taste, results and value led me to stop looking for anything better. I like the ON GS Whey product too.

My son uses the ON Gold Standard Pre-Workout and I tried it and really couldn't tell much difference between the two. Lately he has just been using caffeine pills and after reading this thread I might give that a spin.

cooper42

FNG
I have heard many times that many people take fish oil, but it is so unpleasant. I tried it once and didn't like it. I think that there is no need to consume vitamins separately, it is better to take them all together. My dietitian prescribed me a dietary supplement that will strengthen the health of the muscles and nervous system. You know, vitamins help me a lot, and most importantly, the food supplement has a natural composition and low prices. I exercise, so I choose a supplement that should contain protein. You can choose a supplement with a set of vitamins that you need.

I take a fish oil pill every day. Get the burpless, it’s like taking any other pill.

FFastEddie

Lil-Rokslider
I recently got turned on to D Aspartic acid. It works great for me. They say avoid it if you are under 35 yrs old. Boosts your testosterone a decent bit but, it's just an amino acid. No crazy chemicals or steroids.
As for protein, I use optimum hydro whey. Tastes great, mixes easy, digests really well, no bloating.