Support Idaho’s Gov on newly signed Wolf Reduction Bill—easy!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
It was agreed upon a long time ago that Idaho would manage for 150 wolves in Idaho

Wolf numbers are above 1500 now—10x what was agreed upon.

Idaho‘s governor has signed the bill to bring those numbers back down to what was originally agreed agreed upon.

Don’t think for a second this is going to stand without a fight, and mostly from well funded out-of-state interests.

If you believe in good conservation for all wildlife, not just big predators, simply sign into this link and show the governor your support for the bill.

I don’t have the bill number right in front of me, I don’t wanna lose everything I typed, so if somebody wants to post it in the comments, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Also, if you’re wondering why he needs support now if the law is signed, it’s because the law doesn’t mean anything in this country anymore.
It’s all about judges and lawsuits.

We want the governor to know there is overwhelming support in Idaho for this bill. That’ll help him keep up the good fight. I can’t imagine this won’t be challenged in court. I don’t wanna wait until then to let the governor know that this was a good move.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
What about the other side of the coin? We don't want legislators circumventing the F&G. Bad precedent.

Are no perfect bills, and I Believe that’s being discussed on that other thread. I’m still trying to get beefed up on all that too.

But I do know, living in Idaho all these years, that the anti-‘s are not going to take this lying down.

And I was very happy to see our governor finally stand up for our side.

idcuda

WKR
Are no perfect bills, and I Believe that’s being discussed on that other thread. I’m still trying to get beefed up on all that too.

But I do know, living in Idaho all these years, that the anti-‘s are not going to take this lying down.

And I was very happy to see our governor finally stand up for our side.

Yeah, agree 100% on the anti sentiment. They're going to go all out.

The bill doesn't specifically reclassify wolves as "predatory wildlife". But it does state that regardless of classification, wolves may be killed using any method of take currently allowed for killing other wild canines.

The bill also increases the amount of funding to be used for wolf control actions by mandating that $310K be used for this purpose, (currently $110K).

The bill removes any distinction between wolf hunting tags and wolf trapping tags. From now on there will just be wolf tags. And there will not be any limit to the number of tags that a person can purchase.

I don't see anything in the text of the bill that references population objectives. What am I missing?

I don’t have the bill number right in front of me, I don’t wanna lose everything I typed, so if somebody wants to post it in the comments, thank you.

Tabs are your friends Robby! 😀

Thanks for the heads up. I sent a message of support even though I’m not a member of his constituency. Hopefully Governor Little can get Governor Gianforte going on similar legislation like this in Montana if he hasn’t already!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Tabs are your friends Robby!

Thanks for the heads up. I sent a message of support even though I’m not a member of his constituency. Hopefully Governor Little can get Governor Gianforte going on similar legislation like this in Montana if he hasn’t already!

I’m sure he’s getting plenty of out of state hate, and will gladly accept support. Just guessing

Mtnboy

WKR
This push for support from Rokslide have anything to do with Ryan being such good buddies with F4WM and them oddly being one of the only "sportsmen groups" that were consulted on this and also one of only a small handful of sportsmen groups that actually support it?

Mtnboy

WKR
I’m sure he’s getting plenty of out of state hate, and will gladly accept support. Just guessing

Should we support moving all Wildlife decisions to the Elected Officials instead of the Bioligists, Agencies and Commissions that have a sole purpose of making those decisions?

Just trying to figure out what the right move is here, wasn't long ago we were all against wildlife decisions being made politically but now for some reason that doesn't matter anymore?

Ya'll REALLY think this is gonna put a big dent in the Wolf population? I got some Ocean Front property for sale in Boise if ya do.

Should we support moving all Wildlife decisions to the Elected Officials instead of the Bioligists, Agencies and Commissions that have a sole purpose of making those decisions?

Just trying to figure out what the right move is here, wasn't long ago we were all against wildlife decisions being made politically but now for some reason that doesn't matter anymore?

Ya'll REALLY think this is gonna put a big dent in the Wolf population? I got some Ocean Front property for sale in Boise if ya do.

I don’t remember wolf reintroduction being rammed through by biologists, agencies or commissions. I also don’t remember biologists, agencies or commissions dragging state wildlife departments through the court systems to prevent management of wolves.

Wildlife management shouldn’t be political, but at this point I’m not sure there is another course of action for the wolf epidemic because it’s been played out politically for so long. Every time FWP tries to do anything against certain groups’ ideologies they end up in federal court, regardless of the science. Meanwhile the ungulate population pays the price.

Beckjhong

WKR
I think Cal had some insightful points about this. I’m not against reducing wolf numbers at all, but I don’t want wildlife management decisions at the ballot box.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Cal had some insightful points about this. I’m not against reducing wolf numbers at all, but I don’t want wildlife management decisions at the ballot box.

Yep it's ok to get them on the landscape with it but not ok to remove them with it.

Ol' Cal is a paid influencer

Last edited: