Suppressed 22s

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a banish 22 can but need a rifle to put it on. I’m going back and forth between the tikka t1x 16” and the Ruger American rimfire 16”. My only 22 rifle right now is a 77/22 that isn’t threaded.

Has anybody put a fan on any of the rifles i mentioned or does anybody have any suggestions or pictures to share? I’d really appreciate it.

Between the 2 rifles im thinking of they both have strong selling points, the Ruger uses 10/22 mags, the tikka can take other tikka accessories so I could set it up like my rifles.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated, thanks!!!

Ondavirg

Lil-Rokslider
I have the t1x with the 16” barrel and would highly recommend it. It’s a great trainer rifle as it feels just like my other tikkas.

Can’t go wrong with the tx1 but a couple more worth considering would be a bergara b14r which gives you the r700 platform and all the options that comes with it. I ended up settling on a cz457mtr. The stock is actually pretty decent, good feeling trigger, very smooth action and really dang accurate. 48F26B65-9A22-40E6-A18A-759E9645D02B.jpeg

smithjd

FNG
I’d second the T1x for the same reasons. It is very accurate, has a great trigger, and might be the most fun shooting I’ve had for a while.

mt100gr.

WKR
I have used Banish30 on my T1x a bit - a 22cal suppressor is on my short list...

I have a couple other 20" Tikkas and grabbed a 20" T1x when it was available. I've been very impressed with mine. No problem stacking shots - my daughter gets bored plinking little 2" spinner targets at 100 yards. Does great with subsonics and the suppressor, too.

wesfromky

WKR
I just let a Ruger rimfire go because I got another tikka. I had a tikka a couple years ago and sold it. They were out of stock this spring when I wanted another .22, so got the ruger. It is nice, but the Tikka is way better, and priced accordingly. Now if the ATF would just approve my DeadAir Mask, I would have a perfect small game setup.

I have the ruger american compact, but it's in a MDT chassis....

IMG_3214_zpsk5wqynqn.jpg

ID_Matt

WKR
I went with a CZ 457 Varmint in the manners stock and a silencer co sparrow. Amazed by how well it shoots. Definitely opened my eyes to what a 22 LR is capable of.

axeforce6

WKR
I have a suppressed 22. Neither of the ones your asking about. I’ll tell you this. They are blast to have. I take mine with me when I deer hunt to shoot squirrels and raccoons. I shoot standard velocity cci’s. They shoot really well and are still quiet. I’ve killed a squirrel and two minutes later I killed a deer. Helps pass some time and you have more options for the freezer.

Macintosh

WKR
At least check out CZ options, both rifles and afyermarket stuff, and compare to your other choices. Of the crew I shoot 22 precision rifle matches with, a couple have tikka’s, a couple have voodoo or other semi-custom, no one has a ruger, and most have cz’s. These are all people who have multiple 22’s built for the purpose over time, and put serious effort into their shooting. One may work better for you for whatever reason, but at least look into it if you havent already.

Love my suppressed t1x. I got it right when they came out. It was my first tikka, but I might've gone with one of the bergaras if they were available at the time since they're more similar to my other rifles. Before I moved to the city, I had a 50 yd range off my back deck, and it was awesome being able to shoot 100 rounds in a an evening without annoying the neighbors. Mine shoots cci sv as good as any of the match ammo, but the velocity variation of it is a little limiting at distance and occasionally one will be supersonic.

the few Ruger American 22's i've handled have bolts that can barely be cycled, they're astonishingly rough and easy to bind.

I'm actively looking for a tikka t1x, and just got my kids a cricket xbr. suppressed 22 with subsonic ammo is incredibly fun to shoot, and imo the perfect thing to use for intro to shooting and safety.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If you like the 77/22 have it threaded and buy a pile of ammo.
That’s probably the best option but there isn’t a gunsmith where I live so by the time I send out the rifle, pay the gunsmith and get it sent back, it would be easier and not too much more expensive to get a different gun.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
At least check out CZ options, both rifles and afyermarket stuff, and compare to your other choices. Of the crew I shoot 22 precision rifle matches with, a couple have tikka’s, a couple have voodoo or other semi-custom, no one has a ruger, and most have cz’s. These are all people who have multiple 22’s built for the purpose over time, and put serious effort into their shooting. One may work better for you for whatever reason, but at least look into it if you havent already.
I do like CZ rifles but I just don’t see one that really appeals to me other than the chassis ones and I don’t really want to spend 1300.00 on this project. Im not really looking for precision competition as much as just something to hunt grouse and ptarmigan from my snow mobile and shoot stuff in my back yard.

OP
thinhorn_AK

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I guess the next question is what scope rings for a t1x? I have sportsmatch to48 but I believe they are too wide for the t1x receiver.