Suppressor comparison

Went for a little bike ride a couple weeks ago, wandered into a Silencer Central stand somewhere in Sturgis.
Had the ThunderBeast on my wish list for a while, somehow the salesman convinced me to buy the Banish 30. Now the wait.

Been checking reviews since, and have been pleasantly surprised with my choice.

Came across this chart that compares Suppressors quite well!
Some good info here, I really like how it takes a 30 cal. suppressor across 27 models, and ranks them in 3 important categories.
1. Weight
2. Sound reduction on a 30 cal.
3. Sound reduction of the same Suppressor but on a smaller caliber (.223)

Note:
the Banish 30 was previously named the Varminter 4.0, and in this article.

Suppressor comparison chart

The whole article

See how yours ranks, you might be surprised. Anyone come away with a bad feeling on the B30?

Sled

WKR
I looked at many lists when I was first looking for suppressors. I now have several and have found most online comparisons to be taken with a grain of salt. That said I'll add my comparison... A suppressor on a rifle is much better when compared to a rifle with no suppressor.

OP
J
I looked at many lists when I was first looking for suppressors. I now have several and have found most online comparisons to be taken with a grain of salt. That said I'll add my comparison... A suppressor on a rifle is much better when compared to a rifle with no suppressor.
Profound comparison!

Can hardly wait for next week when we compare 4x4s, and find out they are better than walking :LOL:

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got the banish 30 and a Lane Scorpion 556. They both sound about the same when used on the same rifles. The main difference being weight and cost.

I have two other suppressors in purgatory at the moment. One is a liberty mystic x, the other is a mack brothers helium (Mack brothers make the banish). I bought them for more specific purposes than the first two suppressors I bought.

I think the point Sled was making is that any suppressor you get is going to do exactly what it’s made to do… make shooting quieter. It’s up to the buyer to figure out exactly what details are most important to the buyer.

the downside of the B30 is that you need thread adapters instead of the rear of the suppressor being able to be removed and swapped for alternative pitches. The other suppressors on the market that do that seem to be heavier overall. I rarely use the modularity of length and I leave it at 9”.

Sandstrom

WKR
I hope the banish 30 is as good as the reviews online!! I have two in jail right now!!
Ryan

I just pushed the go button on a Banish 30 as I have a Liberty Centurion I bought thru them and my trust info, fingerprints, and photo were still all good to go. I like their layaway plan to pay for your suppressor while you wait.

Now I'm just hoping for the magic combo approval on both here in the next month since I should be getting the Centurion approved here in the next month or so.

Went for a little bike ride a couple weeks ago, wandered into a Silencer Central stand somewhere in Sturgis.
Had the ThunderBeast on my wish list for a while, somehow the salesman convinced me to buy the Banish 30. Now the wait.

Been checking reviews since, and have been pleasantly surprised with my choice.

Came across this chart that compares Suppressors quite well!
Some good info here, I really like how it takes a 30 cal. suppressor across 27 models, and ranks them in 3 important categories.
1. Weight
2. Sound reduction on a 30 cal.
3. Sound reduction of the same Suppressor but on a smaller caliber (.223)

Note:
the Banish 30 was previously named the Varminter 4.0, and in this article.

Suppressor comparison chart

The whole article

See how yours ranks, you might be surprised. Anyone come away with a bad feeling on the B30?
What is the length of your Banish 30?
1638059327158.png

I'm contemplating threading my .223 AR-15 to 5/8-24 since its a heavy barrel and .750 at the muzzle. Then I wouldn't have to worry about the adapters. I also started a 22LR can Vapor made by Mack Bros (looks oddly similar to the Banish22, but only $395 instead of $545).

FYI - They are running a BOGO free with a shorty 22K can for cyber monday. Still gotta pay the $200 stamp for the little can, and its about half size of their normal banish 22, but might work well on a 22LR pistol.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve been waiting for a banish 30 and banish 22 for nearly 9 months now, it will be 9 months as of the 30th of this month.

My friend has one and I liked it enough to order one.