Suppressor for .30 cal

Gorp2007

WKR
Thanks to all the advice on here, I followed everyone’s advice and started making some calls and last night I was able to order a TBAC Ultra 7CB from their dealer in Indiana.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a big TBAC fan I think they are the gold standard but if I wanted one now and couldn't get it but could get a Banish 30 and not to mention how slick of a setup Silencer Central offers for suppressor purchasing that no others offer, at least that I'm aware of, I wouldn't even think twice about it. If they have the Banish 30 in stock I wouldn't even bother with the Banish 223.

The Ultra7 Gen2 is a little lighter and a little quieter than the Banish 30 when it's run at 7in and about the same when it's at 9in. but the Banish 30 does give you the option of running it both ways which is nice and it's cleanable which for some is a much bigger deal than it is for others.
I have a Banish 30 and keep hearing about TBAC being the bees knees but I’ve never been able to get one in my hands let alone shoot one. What about them is better than others on the market? I’m genuinely curious as the features of the Banish are great but everyone says tbac is better.

OP
F
I went ahead and had my gunsmith order a TBAC Ultra 7 yesterday. Yeah, it’s not the fastest way but I’m supporting him and a local business in a small town. I can wait.

My only question is regarding direct thread vs CB. I would have thought direct thread would be the lightest, but Thunderbeast claims the CB mount is lighter than direct thread on the website. Maybe they aren’t accounting for the weight of the adapter?

I plan on using this with two guns, and one for hunting, so is CB mount the way to go? I’m confused why it would be lighter than direct thread since your adding weight with a quick detach adapter. Someone care to explain that one for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorp2007

WKR
I went ahead and had my gunsmith order a TBAC Ultra 7 yesterday. Yeah, it’s not the fastest way but I’m supporting him and a local business in a small town. I can wait.

My only question is regarding direct thread vs CB. I would have thought direct thread would be the lightest, but Thunderbeast claims the CB mount is lighter than direct thread on the website. Maybe they aren’t accounting for the weight of the adapter?

I plan on using this with two guns, and one for hunting, so is CB mount the way to go? I’m confused why it would be lighter than direct thread since your adding weight with a quick detach adapter. Someone care to explain that one for me?
I had the same question. The direct thread model is the same as the CB model, it's just got the CB portion semi-permanently glued inside. So the CB is lighter because that part of the suppressor is mounted to the rifle (usually via red Loctite). If you want to go with the CB mounts, you'll need a compatible adapter for each rifle (I'm getting the CB flash hider for my AR).

If you've got more specific questions I recommend shooting them an email, I sent them my questions yesterday and heard back within a half hour.

B23

WKR
I have a Banish 30 and keep hearing about TBAC being the bees knees but I’ve never been able to get one in my hands let alone shoot one. What about them is better than others on the market? I’m genuinely curious as the features of the Banish are great but everyone says tbac is better.
They're both top tier cans and have their pros and cons. Like I said in my second paragraph, the Ultra7 is slightly quieter and a tiny bit lighter than the Banish 30 when the Banish 30 is in its 7in configuration. I know someone can't remember if it was Silencer Central or who has a video out there doing a sound meter test against the Ultra7 but they're using the Banish30 in its full 9in length not 7 so it's an apples to oranges test. Ray with TBAC does the best and most honest side by side tests of anyone you'll find.

The TBAC Ultra cans are all sealed welded cans the Banish is a take down style. For some that is actually a plus for the Banish. Myself, I prefer a welded can.

Like I said in one of my posts if I was in the market for a new can right now and it came down to having to wait for who knows how long for a Ultra7 VS getting going on a Banish30 right now even as much as I like my TBAC stuff I don't think I would wait and I'd probably get the Banish30. If they were sitting side by side and I had my choice, I'll pick the TBAC every time but that doesn't mean the Banish still isn't a very comparable product.

B23

WKR

Only the can itself is lighter but when you add the weight of the CB mount and the can together it weighs a little more than a direct thread can. Also, make sure your barrels are all large enough to be threaded.

OP
F
Only the can itself is lighter but when you add the weight of the CB mount and the can together it weighs a little more than a direct thread can. Also, make sure your barrels are all large enough to be threaded.

Ok, that makes sense. My Tikka 300 WSM has a Benchmark barrel (slightly larger than a factory sporter) and is threaded with a 4 port brake in 9/16. My other gun is one I use for range practice and some long range competitions. It’s not threaded at the moment, but it’s got a beefier barrel and will get threaded in 9/16 once the can is in hand.
My smith ordered the direct thread for me. I assumed that was the lighter option so that’s what I ordered. I don’t know if I really need the CB option. I’m only planning on running the can on these two rifles. Tikka for hunting and on the competition rifle. I shoot the comp gun more, so likely won’t be swapping them much more than 5-6 times a year. Any reason to go CB mount, or save some cash and go direct since I’m not swapping them very often? Thanks guys. This great info.

B23

WKR
I have six different cans, all of then are direct thread but for the most part I don't really have any skinny barrel guns, at least none that I run with cans on them. I think if you talk to the manufactures they generally lean more toward the mount type attachment because that way its a guaranteed shoulder diameter their cans square up to but if you're running enough barrel diameter that it leaves enough shoulder you should be fine. Best thing to do is call the guys at TBAC and give them your barrel specs and go with what they recommend. I've talked to Ray and Zac numerous times as well as others there and they've all been great with answering anything I wanted to know.