Suppressor for Browning hells canyon long range ( not suppressor ready)

stonecw

FNG
Does anyone have a suppressor on a Browning hells canyon long range (300wm, not suppressor ready). If so how did you mount it? I have a Dead Air sandman and would like to put it on, but the barrel diameter is to small. I have emailed Dead Air to see what options they offer if any. Any assistance appreciated.

406life

Lil-Rokslider
I had a Hells Canyon 300WM. It had that smaller thread. I bought an adapter but could never get it and the suppressor seated rigut to see concentric circles down the barrwl. I tried 2 suppressors on it to see what I could fit. I never fired it with one one, just didn't want to risk the hitting a baffle. You could do the same, with a different result but I opted to buy a rifle that had the correct threading from the factory, a 300wm max long range. It's worked flawlessly.

kpalu

FNG
A lot of people use adapters to increase their thread size for suppressors. The problem is the threads on the barrel are still pushing the limit for suppressors. The Hell's Canyon long range are M13x1.5 which puts the minor of the threads at 0.445". The grooves in your 300wm are .308 which only leaves 0.0685" of material between the minor of the thread and groove of the barrel. That's enough for a muzzle brake but thin for a suppressor. What's the OD of your barrel? We (TBAC) offer a face time muzzle brake for the thin hunting barrels. Instead of the brake indexing off a shoulder behind the threads we re-thread your barrel and index the brake off newly machined muzzle. The only downside is it has to be threaded and brake installed by us. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

2five7

WKR
My Hells Canyon LR rifle has 5/8-24 threads, it's an older model from 2017, not the newer SR. Double check yours

OP
S

stonecw

FNG
I was mistaken, I have a Browning HC Speed. I ended up getting this adapter
from Hughes Precision. Adapter

Bumping this. I have the same rifle and just picked up an adapter from Hughes also. Curious how you’re feeling about the set up. I’m not an adapter fan for anything so leaning towards a new rifle machined for suppressor…

Anyways, give us an update on how it fits, shoots, and all of the above. Thanks!

OP
S

stonecw

FNG
I like the setup. Obviously if I didn’t need an adapter, that would be preferred. But, I shot several hundred rounds through it while trying to find the ammo combination it liked and I have had no issues. The only advice I’ll ad is to make sure you torque everything down and locktite isn’t a bad idea. After firing about 5- 10 rounds mine came loose a little because I didn’t torque or add locktite. Luckily I didn’t damage anything and didn’t have a baffle strike, but I was lucky. Since I torqued it and put on locktite I have had no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent. You only locktite and torqued adapter and left suppressor on hand tightened assuming? Hey thanks for the update, it’s good to hear it’s working for ya. I’m waiting on my suppressor still, so I’ll hop on an give my feedback when it arrives.

In other news, what ammo did you end up liking best? For hunting yes? I’m running 180gr accubond either Nosler factory ammo or Dallas customs. 300WM. Been happy with both.

OP
S

stonecw

FNG
I torqued the adapter and the Dead Air muzzle brake. My suppressor quick detaches to the brake.

My gun liked the Nosler Trophy Grade Accubond 180 gr. factory ammo the best ( since it like the most expensive ammo, I named it “Gold Digger”) I ended up hand loading 190 grain Barnes LRX BT with 71.5 grains of H1000. COAL of 3.365. I still want to try some other loads, but this last setup worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk