Suppressor questions …thunder beast ultras

BBob

WKR
I'm already using several Area 419 Hellfire brake's so I was going to go to one of the suppressor manufacturers that can use an A 419 suppressor adapter that will mount to the Hellfire brake adapter I'm already using. That'll make the suppressor quick change between rifles. Any reason to not do that?

The Hellfire brakes never come loose and are really easy to take on and off by hand. They index on a taper so the mounting should stay pretty consistent and concentric.

I'm already using several Area 419 Hellfire brake's so I was going to go to one of the suppressor manufacturers that can use an A 419 suppressor adapter that will mount to the Hellfire brake adapter I'm already using. That'll make the suppressor quick change between rifles. Any reason to not do that?

The Hellfire brakes never come loose and are really easy to take on and off by hand. They index on a taper so the mounting should stay pretty consistent and concentric.
I use the area 419 suppressor system and it's been rock solid for ~500 rounds this year on various rifle platforms after I tightened everything (adapter and mount) really well with the supplied wrench.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’ve been toying around with the idea of getting a suppressor. We have a .300 WM, .243, and few AR 15’s.

I knew it’s reccommended to get them more specific to the caliber. But instead of buying a bunch of suppressors I was wondering the possibility of just one that could work on all my rifles?

Any advice.
If you want to run an AR then you need the Dominus. The ultras aren’t made to run on gas guns but the Dominus is…I called TBAC when I bought mine and asked the exact same question.

Me neither. Never had one come loose
Before I got my 1st can I went and shot a few with guys that had em to see if I wanted to dive in. They had two different mfg direct thread cans that would come loose randomly, sometimes every shot, sometimes 1 in 10. It was enough to turn me off of direct thread.

When I called TBAC to order they specifically said to get a CB mount can and that direct thread would come loose and require a babysitter.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Do you use the over the barrel reflex mount with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2" and 4" reflex.

I have a 4 stack and 8 stack. They sound better than my ultra 5 and Ultra 7 on their own IMO. With the reflex they are a little quiet but what I notice the most is recoil reduction with the reflex.

That said the TBs are freaking awesome suppressors as well.

498b319e8dd2e0249574453bcd9489e4.jpg

Last edited:

cmahoney

WKR

I have a 4 stack and 8 stack. They sound better than my ultra 5 and Ultra 7 on there own IMO. With the reflex they are a little quiet but what I notice the most is recoil reduction with the reflex.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before I got my 1st can I went and shot a few with guys that had em to see if I wanted to dive in. They had two different mfg direct thread cans that would come loose randomly, sometimes every shot, sometimes 1 in 10. It was enough to turn me off of direct thread.

When I called TBAC to order they specifically said to get a CB mount can and that direct thread would come loose and require a babysitter.
Wtf they even sell them if they know its a problem?
I just hate having another $450 in muzzle devices that are otherwise worthless without the can on.

I'll freaking strap wrench my DT if I have to.
I do think thr ultra should have a wrench flat.

I just hate having another $450 in muzzle devices that are otherwise worthless without the can on.

They sell them because of demand. They simply tell users to keep em tight and enjoy.

BBob

WKR

Why not buy one Area 419 Hellfire brake (or Sidewinder brake) with additional adapters for the rifles you own? That way you can always quickly put a brake on a rifle you aren’t using the suppressor on and vice versa.

Last edited:
I'm of the opposite opinion. Every direct thread can I've been around on a high powered rifle came loose frequently. All my stuff has a taper interface mount and never comes loose.

That's the same as my experience. I've ran umpteen thousand rounds through my SiCo, and no matter how tight i got the direct thread by hand, it would eventually work itself off. It was worst on an AR10, and it couldn't make it a full mag without backing itself off. I swapped to the ratcheting QD style and have never had an issue.

BjornF16

WKR

I have a 4 stack and 8 stack. They sound better than my ultra 5 and Ultra 7 on their own IMO. With the reflex they are a little quiet but what I notice the most is recoil reduction with the reflex.

Ryan

What max cartridge is that 4” rated for?

Why not buy one Area 419 Hellfire brake (or Sidewinder brake) with additional adapters for the rifles you own? That way you can always quickly put a brake on a rifle you aren’t using the suppressor on and vice versa.
Isn't that still just spending a bunch money on adapters that can and probably will get discontinued?
I'm not really familiar with what you talking about.

They sell them because of demand. They simply tell users to keep em tight and enjoy.
I supposed. But that ticks me off.
I did my research on accuracy. I didn't have any idea they were build crud that falls off.
I have a direct thread ultra 7 in the safe. Never heard of it before.
Now it sounds like I went through all that for a boat anchor