Suppressor Recommendations??

wilkINkc

Lil-Rokslider
I am wanting to apply for and buy my first suppressor. I am kind of familiar with the process, but I am more wanting recommendations on the most universal suppressor. Off the top of my head I would like one for an AR15 in 556/Bold action rifle in 7mm/300 WM. I don't even know if that range in caliber is doable, just wanting to know what the most versatile option is. One that would switch over to pistols would be cool too.

There are many that would work on those you mentioned, such as the Silencer Co Omega 36M. Any 30 cal rifle suppressor is very nearly as good on a 22 cal as a 22 cal specific can.

OP
W

wilkINkc

Lil-Rokslider
There are many that would work on those you mentioned, such as the Silencer Co Omega 36M. Any 30 cal rifle suppressor is very nearly as good on a 22 cal as a 22 cal specific can.
Thanks man I will look that one up. I appreciate the suggestion

jhm2023

WKR
Start yourself off with a nice 30 cal can that will work for you intended uses. I use my 30 cal cans from 5.56 up to 300 win and 28 Nosler. Then while you're waiting for that 30 cal can to be approved start buying cans for other uses such as rimfire and pistol. It's an expensive addiction, but worth the price and wait. It's a lot of fun shooting suppresed and hunting suppresed is better too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Cubby

WKR
Look in to REX SILENTIUM they are very reasonably priced and have a no BS lifetime warranty even if you have full auto mag dumps. I have 6 of them in jail right now just waiting.

OP
W

wilkINkc

Lil-Rokslider
Start yourself off with a nice 30 cal can that will work for you intended uses. I use my 30 cal cans from 5.56 up to 300 win and 28 Nosler. Then while you're waiting for that 30 cal can to be approved start buying cans for other uses such as rimfire and pistol. It's an expensive addiction, but worth the price and wait. It's a lot of fun shooting suppresed and hunting suppresed is better too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That’s what I’m thinking for main application, hunting. Quiet it down a bit so it’s not nails to shoot lol

archp625

WKR
The SilencerCo 36M fits the bill. But through my research its a good can but not great at everything. As someone else mentioned, get a 30 cal can and worry about a pistol one later. I see you are located in KC. If I were you, I would go to Frontier Justice in Lees Summit and talk to them. They have several in stock and the Silencer Shop kiosk makes the process super easy.

gabenzeke

WKR
Dead air primal was just released and works on everything up to 338 Lapua. This includes handguns.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have a 30 cal rugged radiant rated up to 300wsm and rated for full auto...light, and modular..I run the full length on my bolt guns, I use the short config on my ARs. Super easy to clean too. Happy so far...only negative is it isn't direct thread so you gotta buy a brake/flash hider for each rifle. IMHO not a deal breaker for what you get.

tunafed

FNG
I was in the same boat earlier this year. Ended up buying a TBAC Dominus CB. Light enough for my primary use, hunting and rated for my 10.5" SBR. Still in jail so I have no idea if it's gonna be the best choice for me but, on paper it fits the bill. That said I'm already looking at a dedicated 5.56 and pistol can.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

MtnDrew

FNG
If you do happen to hit up FJ in lee's summit ask for Andrew, I got you on all things suppressor related.

I have a SiCo Hybrid, and it works for everything from my G21 to AR. There appears to be a modular version coming out like the omega 36m except a 46 like the current hybrid. That's got me tempted to get another, instead of the dead air primal.

Now that so many manufacturers use the same threads for their rifle barrel QA mounts, the difference between the brands is very blurred.

OP
W

wilkINkc

Lil-Rokslider
If you do happen to hit up FJ in lee's summit ask for Andrew, I got you on all things suppressor related.

I have a SiCo Hybrid, and it works for everything from my G21 to AR. There appears to be a modular version coming out like the omega 36m except a 46 like the current hybrid. That's got me tempted to get another, instead of the dead air primal.

Now that so many manufacturers use the same threads for their rifle barrel QA mounts, the difference between the brands is very blurred.

Thanks for the reply bud, sent you a PM.