Suppressor timeline

smith406

FNG
Both my Form 4's/Individual for my suppressors took exactly 365 and 366 days from the time I sent in the paperwork. Too eff'n long!
Are you taking into account the time it took your dealer to file your paperwork? This is my whole beef with the silencershop kiosk and a dealer I used.

smith406

FNG
got 2 cans back in 150 days form 4 trust e file in may 2020
my brother got a can back today 7 months on the nose form 4 trust e file july 2020
I’m curious on your brother’s approval date compared to his dealers receiving date. Sub nine months is really good either way.
I just wonder if my last dealer lost my paperwork and pulled it out after I bugged him about it.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I’m curious on your brother’s approval date compared to his dealers receiving date. Sub nine months is really good either way.
I just wonder if my last dealer lost my paperwork and pulled it out after I bugged him about it.

He just got called yesterday. He bought his can about a week after I did. Same dealer through silencer shop. And I lied it was faster then I remember on my 2.
Form 3: Delivered to Dealer on 1/17/2020
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 1/31/2020
Stamp is dated 4/7/2020
Picked up can early May.

The last can I bought took 11 months. I feel the dealers getting the paperwork in quickly is a problem. My gut says some shops sit on the app due to negligence.

Last edited:

TB B4

FNG
They are definitely faster than they have been. A co-worker and myself bought at 2 different locations (through Silencershop Kiosks) within 10 days of each other and we both got them within a week of each other. I bought mine 1/11/20, Tax stamp cashed 2/3/20, and just got off the phone with my shop that it is ready to pick up. We both were trusts.

3-12 months with no issues. My last one was about 3 months. The 3 before that were 12 months.

all Form 4 Trust

Sadler

WKR
I ordered my thunderbeast from SilencerShop on January 8th using their one shot trust, check cashed February 8th, and I just got the call today from my dealer that my stamps in. I thought I would be waiting way longer! I asked him about the wait times and he said as of right now they average 4-6 months.

pirogue

WKR
I noticed that several of you have about 4 weeks to a month on filing to check cashed. I submitted app to dealer on May 30th, and credit card was hit on June 10th. Maybe, the entire process is getting faster.

My first suppressor was bought in July of 2018, got it in August of 2019. It was a buy one, get one free deal from Silencerco and so my free can was a rimfire model. It was ordered in July of 2018, came in on June of 2019, Got the paperwork done on it in June 2019. Got a call from the shop in March of 2020 asking me to come in and finish up paperwork for it, which had been done previously. I don't know what happened, but it was lost or not done or WTF ever happened, but it did. I redid the paperwork in June 2019 and the ATF has cashed that check last week. No clue on the timeline, but I'm suspecting itll be several more months.

Alchemy

WKR
Form 4: Tax Stamp Cashed on 8/17/2020

Should I be expecting this soon? Sure hope I get a call in a couple weeks