Suppressor trust questions

h2so4

WKR
Check out Dean at NFALawyers. He is easy to work with and everything has been straight forward in my experience.

OP
Harvey_NW

Harvey_NW

WKR
Co-Trustees can possess the items in a properly drafted Trust. You make them Trustee after you get your stamp by making an amendment when you want to let them use it, then you remove all of them by amendment before you apply for another stamp.
Going through the motions and revisited this thread, wanted to let you know after talking to Silencer Shop today about the differences that's actually a violation of ATF rules and regs in regards to NFA Trusts. That's the major difference between a traditional and single shot trust, when adding an item to the traditional trust all members must "apply", and once approved all trustees have access to all items. The single or individual trust is the purchaser only during application, and can add/remove trustees after approval.

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
My son and I each just bought one, purchase date 2/12/2022, certified 3/14/2022, received yesterday! We named each other on the trust. e-Forms.

OP
Harvey_NW

Harvey_NW

WKR
I ended up doing a single shot trust and I'll amend it and add trustees in the future.

Going through gunguru, did they require the usual fingerprints/passport style photo? If so, how did you submit them? Some trust allow for e-signatures and digital fingerprints which are convenient. Do co-trustees need to go through the fingerprint/photos?

Gunguru did not require any fingerprints or photos. Just your information and who your beneficiary is.

I have only used the trust once and I'm still pending unfortunately. I do not have co-trustees but if I did they would have to go in and get fingerprints/photograph.

My experience was super simple. I simply went in to my dealer and we used the Silencer Shop kiosk for fingerprints and photo. I had to get my trust put into digital format so it could be uploaded/attached to the account. Once the trust was attached I got an email from Silencer Shop telling me to come in and certify. It was truly painlessly easy.

If I get denied on my eform 4 application it'll be due to the trust. Hopefully I just get approved with no issues. 290 days and counting. I'll keep you posted.

JjamesIII

WKR
290 days……wow. So much for the electric filing expediting the process. You are patient, not like you’ve got a choice though. Good luck, hopefully not much longer- fingers crossed!