SUPPRESSOR WAIT TIME

RogerNH

FNG
I'm going to pick up my Omega 300 from my dealer hopefully tomorrow (scheduling conflicts and just plain busy). I mailed my Form 4 March 14th, my $200 check was cashed March 27th and my dealer had my tax stamp in his hands September 16th. I seriously thought is was going to take a year to get this. It took about 9 months to get my Sparrow .22 suppressor in 2016.

A lot of lucky people with their short wait times. I waited 11 months each time for my 2. The most recent was a Sparrow ; they were ordered about 4 years apart.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have experience changing state residency during the suppressor wait time?

I would love to buy a can but we move around too much. If I buy one now and end up moving back to AK in a couple of months, would I have to forfeit the purchase? Or fly back down to Idaho to pick it up?

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
Are you talking wait time for a serial number or wait time for the tax stamp? I'm about to purchase either an Omega 300 or TBAC Ultra 7. Waiting on @Tahoe1305's comparison review before making my final decision.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Are you talking wait time for a serial number or wait time for the tax stamp? I'm about to purchase either an Omega 300 or TBAC Ultra 7. Waiting on @Tahoe1305's comparison review before making my final decision.

So shot them both on a bolt 6.5C today. Not going to post the videos because my buddy’s in them. But to our ear they were pretty indistinguishable. The TBAC was a 6.5 and the Omega a 30. Omega was a bit shorter. I’d go Omega for a bit more versatility but both are solid for sure. Just my 2 cents. No measuring equipment just watching a video a few dozen times back to back.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Does anyone have experience changing state residency during the suppressor wait time?

I would love to buy a can but we move around too much. If I buy one now and end up moving back to AK in a couple of months, would I have to forfeit the purchase? Or fly back down to Idaho to pick it up?

I did this same thing a few years back. Ordered in VA and went to HI halfway through. Problem was HI it was illegal to own so I wondered the same.

Everything for the suppressor ended back up at the VA dealer I purchased from so I was able to pick it up there. FWIW I did a form 1 for SBR at same time. Not sure why but that was denied with a justification that they are illegal in HI. I can only guess because that form had my old VA mailing address then when it forwarded to my new HI address they denied it.

Hope that helps.

Fortunately, in my career choice as a machinist, i have had the opportunity to just Form 1 and after that machine my own. They aren't lightweight or super quiet but they are cheaper and my last suppressor only had a 3 week wait time.

OP
N

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Got my Switchback 22 after 4 months and just got my Omega 300 after 6 1/2 months. I do like shooting with a Suppressor, don't know why I didn't do it sooner...oh yeah I do know why...$$$$ and wait time. RIDICULOUS!

TXCO

WKR
Got mine last week. About 8 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
I just put an Ultra 9 in jail today (I wanted an Ultra 7 but who knows when those will be in stock and the 9 was in stock). The LGS owner said expect 10-11 months for the stamp for a trust. He's been seeing around 6 months for individual party. That's consistent with silencercentral.com, silencershop.com, and nfatracker.com.

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
U-7 CB in stock here

Wish I’d known that 5 hours ago.

Geewhiz

WKR
Put my name in line last thursday (11/12) and was told 4-6 months. Much sooner than I was expecting to hear.