SUPPRESSOR WAIT TIME

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
Put my name in line last thursday (11/12) and was told 4-6 months. Much sooner than I was expecting to hear.

I assume that’s the wait to get a serial number? The wait for the tax stamp is around 225 days for trust ownership...and I expect that number to grow as the executive branch transitions to new leadership.

Kiddross

Lil-Rokslider
Buddy just received his after submitting for the stamp in March of last year so around 8 months

Geewhiz

WKR
I assume that’s the wait to get a serial number? The wait for the tax stamp is around 225 days for trust ownership...and I expect that number to grow as the executive branch transitions to new leadership.
The place I bought mine from had the one I wanted in stock. So according to them it will be 4-6 months until I have the stamp and go pick up the suppressor. I did not set up a trust, just myself.

Just found out that my stamp was approved on November 10, check was cashed on April 1. Simply waiting for it to arrive at my dealer. Just over 7 months.

Sled

WKR
My last two were 6 and 4 months respectively. Just got my tbac ultra 7 last month.

Sled

WKR
well, just got a call today and my torrent t3k is in. atf got paperwork 5-28-20 and approved by 11-14-20. this one was a single shot trust. only took 3 weeks longer than my ultra 7 sent in around the same time.

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
I’m waiting on one. Check was cashed 21 Oct. called on Friday 20 Nov, and they still didn’t have my application in their system. They explained that the check is cashed in Oregon and then application sent via mail to NFA Div in the DC area. I asked if it was normal for the mail to take a full month. They said it does happen. Anyone else experience this?

Jonn44

FNG
A friend of mine waited about 8 months for his first suppressor; paperwork came through the first of August. Unfortunately the dealer never called him. He called one day around the middle of September and lady tells him yeah it’s here; it’s been here since early August!

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
A friend of mine waited about 8 months for his first suppressor; paperwork came through the first of August. Unfortunately the dealer never called him. He called one day around the middle of September and lady tells him yeah it’s here; it’s been here since early August!

I had the same thing happen to me with Shoot Point Blank here. They called me to say “your suppressor is here” when they received it from Silencer Shop. This was only a few months after I bought it so I knew that couldn’t be right. I asked if they got the tax stamp and the guy said, “uh, no, I don’t know, I’ll check and have my manager call.” Manager never called me, so I called and asked for the manager and he said they didn’t have it.
Finally, I called the ATF in February and they said the stamp was issued in November. Called SPB and asked to speak with manager. He had to search and 5 minutes later came back and said, “yes it’s been here”. Needless to say I picked it up pronto, and they never offered anything to make up for their error.

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
I just spoke to the NFA Branch in Martinsburg. According to them, the average processing time from receipt of paperwork (day they charge your card or cash your check) is about 7 months.

wyosam

WKR
My first one (a rimfire can purchased early feb. 2020) showed up in July. I just put a dead air nomad 30 in jail. I’d love to see a similar turnaround, but the world has been a pretty weird place sine last February. I’d be pretty happy with 9 months to have before next hunting season, but I’m not going to be surprised if these times get stretched way out again. Not that 5 months is even remotely reasonable, but those are about to be the good old days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SgtTanner

Lil-Rokslider
I’m waiting on one. Check was cashed 21 Oct. called on Friday 20 Nov, and they still didn’t have my application in their system. They explained that the check is cashed in Oregon and then application sent via mail to NFA Div in the DC area. I asked if it was normal for the mail to take a full month. They said it does happen. Anyone else experience this?
Approved 21 Dec 20. They told me to allow up to 45 days for the stamp to get to my FFL, but hoping it goes quicker than that.

83cj-7

WKR
Over the years I have sent in for 5 NFA stamps and worked in a LGS that was a class 3 dealer. The average over the last 10 years seems to be between 7-10 months wait if filing with standard fingerprints and LE paperwork. Recently however, my LGS got a Silencershop kiosk. I used it for the first time last year and was shocked. It normally takes 5-6 months for me, but I got my stamp in 11 weeks! I kinda thought it was a fluke, but my best friend got his back in 7 weeks using the kiosk at the same shop. He just submitted another so I will update when it comes through.

BTW, don’t ever call the ATF NFA branch to “check your status”. If you get the wrong person on the phone, they will check it for you and then put it back on the “bottom of the pile”. Call once a week and it might take several years. How do I know? I live about a mile from the NFA branch in Martinsburg and that is straight from one of the examiners.

Sled

WKR
I guess after what 83cj wrote i should mention I did not call on any of my form 4s. All 4-6 months

BTW, don’t ever call the ATF NFA branch to “check your status”. If you get the wrong person on the phone, they will check it for you and then put it back on the “bottom of the pile”. Call once a week and it might take several years. How do I know? I live about a mile from the NFA branch in Martinsburg and that is straight from one of the examiners.

So you have never been given false information from another competing hunter? Don't you think that maybe this person was yanking your chain or trying to get a rumor out there so they don't have to answer the phone? Seems like this agent was one of the more self serving kinda people.

My experiences were completely different. After I called, within 3 weeks I got my stamp.