Suppressor wait times

Outhunting

Lil-Rokslider
I did not read the whole thread but ATF is now accepting the forms for cans EFiled as of December 20ish 2021. If it is anything like SBR Efiles they should have about a month turnaround. Anyone that has applied in the last 6 months is going to be ticked as they cannot be converted and still has the standard wait time of 10 months.

Last edited:
I ordered another barrel forward from ID Suppressor Co this afternoon. Last one was 6 months almost to the day (2020).
What the FFL in Missoula told me at that time, was that in 2019 and earlier, it was taking FOREVER (over a year). Then ATF opened an E and W branch in the US. So when I got mine, they were getting approved much quicker with 2 offices processing.
Don’t know…I thought 6 months to get through the process was doing pretty good though.
And in case you’re wondering… ID Suppressor Co is excellent. Give a significant Military/1st Responder discount and it’s about as short and light as they come. They told me today they plan to start prototyping an even shorter and lighter model soon

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The NFA Tracker page is showing that a majority of the form 4 stamps being approved right now were from March and April. Mine went in in June. So 2 or 3 months out. Still plenty of time to adjust and get ready for this year’s hunting seasons.

That’s good to know, I suppose mine could be any day, I was quoted February a few months back and if the March and April ones are being processed, that’s good for me.

wyosam

WKR
I’m at almost 14 months. Kind of wish I’d skipped it at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
My fathers took 14 months, let’s just say the Army Ranger, two Purple Heart 3 time Vietnam vet was not pleased….he was like can’t they pull up my my info and expedite the fnnnnn suppressor 💯🤙

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
I’m at almost 14 months. Kind of wish I’d skipped it at this point.

I think Silencershop and my FFL were blowing sunshine when I submitted mine, stating that wait times were trending towards 4-6 months last spring.

This article from a year ago seems more realistic:

My next suppressor will definitely be a Form 1.

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
Submitted my form 4 via eForms on 1/7/22. My brother submitted a paper one back in September. Think there may be a good chance I get mine first if they hit the

Cashed 3/3/21, Trust, 2 cans, approved 12/2/21, picked up 12/14/21

I have 2 more purchased on the BOGO 11/15/21, paperwork submitted through silencershop 12/14/21, still sitting at ready to certify on eform for first can, heard nothing on the "free" can yet

OP
mjs270

mjs270

FNG
Seems to me that the freakin wait times are all over the darn place. At least I could rationalize it if they were doing it in order, but from what you read in this thread, a bunch of guys get their stamp check cashed around the same time. One gets it in 6 months, another in 8 and yet others are still waiting. This is the biggest bunch of crap! Then they rub salt in the wound by going electronic filing last month and say it will shorten the wait time but all of us who already have the wheels in motion are simply SOL.

OP
mjs270

mjs270

FNG
I was feeling the same way but I bought mine with that stimulus check so its not like I'm out any $$$.
LOL - I did the same thing. I bought a new lawnmower and the suppressor with all that "free" money they were passing around. Did you ever hear that Buddy Brown song - "Stimulus Check"? If not, check it out on YouTube. He says in a song what most of us probably did with our checks.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
LOL - I did the same thing. I bought a new lawnmower and the suppressor with all that "free" money they were passing around. Did you ever hear that Buddy Brown song - "Stimulus Check"? If not, check it out on YouTube. He says in a song what most of us probably did with our checks.

I’ve never heard the song lol, I’ll look it up.