Suppressor wait times

gabenzeke

WKR
Does anyone know the reason why some who filed paper forms are getting approved in 11 or 12 months and others are taking 14 or 15 months? That makes no sense to me at all. Then again, it's the government we're talking about so that was a really stupid question on my part. The government is involved so therefore it makes no sense.
My understanding is the ATF occasionally outsources the background check to the FBI where they have no time restrictions or anything and it significantly extends the wait.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

If you got a state CC permit these should sail right through.....but they wont let that happen.

"The govt is here to help!"
This is what I don’t get. I can legally carry a concealed weapon but still have to wait to receive a suppressor. Frustrating.

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
Eform for me took 84 days from day of purchase to in my hands. I have a relative that has the exact same name, same spelling as mine who is a convicted felon, spending life in prison who is about 17 years younger than I am.

I was really thinking that due to this, I was going to have to wait 12+ months for an approval. As you can see that was not the case. Less than 90 days.

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Following to stay updated. I ordered one of the new Harvester Evos via E-Forms in March 2022, really hoping I have a similar experience of ~90 days but definitely not banking on it…

Today was my lucky day. I picked up my 3 cans.
2 checks were cashed 9/21
1 check was cashed 3/22

I take back some of the things I said about the ATF. Not all of them though.

All of them were filed on paper.

Last edited:

Schism

WKR
I picked up a couple cans yesterday when my e-filed apps were approved. The wait was about 110 days since I certified. Interestingly enough, both approval emails from the ATF went to my junk mail folder so those who are waiting may want to keep an eye on your junk folder.

Unfortunately I'm still waiting on a paper form 4 submitted in April of 2021.

I have had apps pending from 5/26/21, 6/1/21, and 6/9/21. Found out Friday 5/20/22 that the 5/26/21 app was approved, the others were not.

ATF gonna ATF.

Weldor

WKR
Call batfe with your info, and ask for a check status. It usually gets them moving. I have done it twice and miraculously I received them within weeks. ( after waiting 7 months or so}

Cubby

WKR
Call batfe with your info, and ask for a check status. It usually gets them moving. I have done it twice and miraculously I received them within weeks. ( after waiting 7 months or so}
What's the phone number if you don't mind, Ive been waiting on 6 cans since May of 2021

twall13

WKR
Has anyone that Eform 4'd in Feb got approved yet?
I certified 2 eforms on March 10th. I'll update here once approved but my 90 days is up in a couple of weeks. I'm not counting on it as I think that's more of a goal they want to get to eventually, but we'll see what happens.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
I certified 2 eforms on March 10th. I'll update here once approved but my 90 days is up in a couple of weeks. I'm not counting on it as I think that's more of a goal they want to get to eventually, but we'll see what happens.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Yeah I don't see Feb submittals getting approved yet so curious.