Suppressor wait times

NDGuy

WKR
I submitted on Feb 12th so maybe I’m getting close.
I think Feb has a huge backlog because they changed some verbiage that a lot of people had to resubmit or wait to submit until clarification.

Just called the ATF today. It’s been 378 days since they cashed the check and they told me it was approved on May 23rd and dealer should have the stamp within 45 days. Under previous regime I got two other suppressors both in under 5 months

I purchased three cans in 2020 and 2021; all through silencershop and each took about six months.

I got excited early this year when silencershop did the eforms and said it could be as little as 90 days. So I bought another can through the eforms process, certifying with my dealer in late January.

Still waiting... though silencershop is advertising on their site people who certified in April are getting their cans now. :unsure:

Update: got the email from ATF on June 8th I was approved and picked up my can. Took from dealer certify to pick up just a tick over 4 months. I ordered when silencershop first instituted the eforms so I probably got caught up in a crush of new orders. Sounds like a lot of people are getting close to or before the 90 days promised with eforms.

NDGuy

WKR
Sounds like a lot of people are getting close to or before the 90 days promised with eforms.
I am seeing/hearing opposite. They are tons of people sitting that submitted in late January/Early Feb being approved still. Not sure why people in March/April are getting approved before, sounds like BS.

I am seeing/hearing opposite. They are tons of people sitting that submitted in late January/Early Feb being approved still. Not sure why people in March/April are getting approved before, sounds like BS.
Today is 142 for me. Seeing people post their sub-60 day approvals is frustrating.

Just imagine how frustrated the paper guys feel. I'm at 127 today, come on ATF!
I don’t sympathize for the paper guys at all until they’re over a year lol. They knew what they were signing up for. My paper form was 13.5 months.

I’m sure it’s frustrating seeing e-forms get approved before them, but they were never sold on a 90 day period.

scosmi

FNG
Silencer shop aggreates wait times and shows average/median for stuff they process and it's updated on the regular. Reddit also has an NFA subreddit where people post dates. That's usually what I check to get a reference. Doesn't really seem to be any rhyme or reason to how long things take (at least from what is publicly available).

3/30/22 e-form’s submitted for several items

One came through on 6/14.

Waiting on the others
This gives me hope the one I did 3/3 will come through any day now. Probably false hope though and I will be waiting another couple of months.

NDGuy

WKR
Man what a joke, they haven’t even officially made it into February requests yet from what I’ve been reading on forums. But hey they are approving March/April forms….

Phineas

FNG
Put in a paper form 4 individual in May of 21, just picked it up last week. 13 months. Took almost a month from when atf said it was approved until the dealer got the stamp.
my first one in 2007 took 2 months and I thought that was FOREVER.