Suppressor wait times

I E filed Jan 9. Got approved June 5. Not quite the 90 day. I noticed that mark is not getting hit much at all. I have buddy’s that filed in February still not get the approval.

peaches

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone lucky enough to have a suppressor get out of jail recently? Wondering how long it took from the time the tax stamp check was cashed by good ole' Uncle Same to the date you got the call to pick it up. I have a TBAC Dominus in jail and the check was cashed on 4/28/21. I have a predator hunt in Texas planned in March and was really hoping to have it in time to take with me. Absolutely no reason for the process to take this long, but I'll save that discussion for another thread.
Certified 2/17 approved 7/28; ~160 days.

Went through Silencer Shop and actually purchased late November but they moved slow enough that I got to e-file vs going paper. YHM R2, a little heavier than I figured but very quiet and rifles shoot to the same POI as with my R9 which I hunt with.

slowelk

WKR
How long are people waiting between approval and actual stamp received/pickup?

Ltfd210

FNG
I received my last one in 89 days. Just submitted another one last week. Well see how long that takes.

How long are people waiting between approval and actual stamp received/pickup?

Yep, with eForms, the "actual stamp" is emailed to you and your dealer. As soon as that comes in, you can go pick up.
Plus, it is easier to maintain. I have all of mine stored in the cloud, so as long as I have my phone and service, I have my forms with me.

slowelk

WKR
Yep, with eForms, the "actual stamp" is emailed to you and your dealer. As soon as that comes in, you can go pick up.
Plus, it is easier to maintain. I have all of mine stored in the cloud, so as long as I have my phone and service, I have my forms with me.

Good to know. A benefit of eform I didn’t realize.

Anyone waiting longer than 175 days for their eform 4 approval? Mine was submitted 2/7 and still no word.

BryGuy

FNG
I put in for mine in a month, any issues with e-file v. the hard copy way?

Approved today, 163 days.

Certified 2/22
Eform thru Silencer Shop.
Trust with only one person on it.
The approval email didn't go to my junk folder.
Local dealer called almost immediately after the email was sent and told me I could come get the can.

* Sliencer Shop email arrived the next day

Last edited:

ID_Matt

WKR
Certified 2/15/22 and approved 7/29/22. Thunder beast 5. Single - local gun store, no kiosk.

I have read a few reports online of people saying the approval email went to spam or junk. I saved the contact email from when I certified through eforms. I think that made it so the approval email came to my regular email folder.