Suppressor wait times

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
They have to have it in stock when you buy, not after approval. The serial number must be issued before application.....
Thanks for the clarification. Like I mentioned, this isn't something I've done more than once. I was fairly happy with the process considering all of the horror stories

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks for the clarification. Like I mentioned, this isn't something I've done more than once. I was fairly happy with the process considering all of the horror stories
I had to wait a few weeks to start my paperwork for the distributor to get the silencers and have them serialized etc. one took a bit longer than the other but not a huge deal.

bat-cave

WKR
FWIW ... eFile Form 4 Trust (Via Silencer Shop + local FFL)
Certified - 3/24/22
Approved - 12/1/22

Sadly I have Suppressors in the queue (Certification dates of 4/4 & 4/5) and they are still in queue. I know it's asking a lot, but if they were to look at all the items for a single individual ... the queue would come down much faster - IMHO

BulldogCE

FNG
My latest E form was 5 months. I called the ATF office every 2 weeks for an update after the initial 90 days. I used Silencer Shop for my submittals....

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Nobody should be stoked about waiting 8 months to take possession of a suppressor.

It should be walk in, pay for it, walk out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Obviously but thats just not the reality of the situation is it? with the system in place, I'd take 8 months and be happy.

gabenzeke

WKR
Nobody should be stoked about waiting 8 months to take possession of a suppressor.

It should be walk in, pay for it, walk out.

If you think 8 months is bad, imagine waiting the 8 months to get denied for a typo on your trust and being told your 8 months now starts over.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

If you think 8 months is bad, imagine waiting the 8 months to get denied for a typo on your trust and being told your 8 months now starts over.

They shouldn’t start you over. Usually for errors like that they will approve pretty quick after correction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

gabenzeke

WKR
They shouldn’t start you over. Usually for errors like that they will approve pretty quick after correction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Fingers crossed. The folks at silencer shop said it's like a drag race. You wait in line and nobody looks at anything until the very end and if there's an issue you lose your spot and start over. We shall see

Edit: I e- filed. They said paper forms can have corrections made if necessary, but the e forms don't work the same way.

Fingers crossed. The folks at silencer shop said it's like a drag race. You wait in line and nobody looks at anything until the very end and if there's an issue you lose your spot and start over. We shall see

Edit: I e- filed. They said paper forms can have corrections made if necessary, but the e forms don't work the same way.

Well that sucks…..

slowelk

WKR
Certified 3/30, approved today 12/11.

Who knew the government worked on Sunday.

Im back in. Went and bought a Hyperion K. The lady doing the filings said the rate of approvals has picked up so maybe it wont be as long this time.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider

Got this on my last one (4 0 instead of 3 in a row) , thankfully I just returned it since it was outdated anyway. Took 14 months for the denial.

WesCAtoll

Lil-Rokslider
04/01/2022 through silencer shop
Approval today 12/14/22 ultra 7
8.5 months, add a .5, take away the decimal and switch the months to days and it only took 90 days !