supressor cleaning

I clean mine annually. Best thing I ever bought was the baffle removal tool which make disassembly very easy.

Lawnboi

WKR
Centerfire? Jury is out. When mine gain 2 ounces I’ll worry about that.

Rimfire? Absolutely.

Iv got one take apart center fire can and wouldn’t buy another, but would buy 100% titanium so I can fill the thing with clr

deadwolf

WKR
Without a doubt you should clean your suppressor when it weighs an ounce or better more than new. You’ll have chunks of carbon start to appear in your brass, chamber, magazine etc. if you don’t. Plus who wants to carry an extra 2-3 ounces! : )

I’ve cleaned mine a few times but am going to send mine back to TBAC and take advantage of their service here shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
mfllood3800
Centerfire? Jury is out. When mine gain 2 ounces I’ll worry about that.

Rimfire? Absolutely.

Iv got one take apart center fire can and wouldn’t buy another, but would buy 100% titanium so I can fill the thing with clr
I have a titanium one coming as well, lil guy from SC. My hunting rig.

I clean my center fire when it needs it. When it's about 1.75-2 oz heavier than new. I noticed about then I start getting carbon chunks coming down the barrel into the chamber it can cause feeding issues, washboard roads with it in the case in the floor seems to accelerate the chunks.

I have a Rugged radiant so I just take it apart put the guts in the UT cleaner and then just clr the inside of the two body pieces.

msstate56

Lil-Rokslider
I clean my titanium cans with multiple overnight soaks of clr. When it weighs an ounce or so more than it does stock, I clean. It takes forever if you let it build up more than that.

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
@Sam Colt is right. I clean my rimfire can with a method called "the dip." Its not an eco-friendly manner of cleaning but it eats all the lead off without harming the baffles. Google the specific procedures. I then bake my baffles at 250 degrees for 10 minutes and then soak them in 100% silicone brake fluid. Dry them off, reassemble and then get back to dirtying it.

ChrisAU

WKR
My SilencerCo Omega 300 is titanium but does not have removable baffles. Think I'd be ok removing the end caps and soaking it in CLR? It has gained some weight for sure.