Surefire EP4 ear plugs?

sram9102

WKR
Anyone have any experience with these? Seems like an interesting idea. 12 NRR all the time with the option to go the 26 by closing them. Seems like something that could be worn for an entire hunt.

Shraggs

WKR
I use these too. They work, certainly not muffs but for hunting I like them. I close the left one thinking it’s mire towards barre and open the right one to near game.

Pontius

FNG
I've had great results with a competing product, the Earmonix. A little less obtrusive, they tuck away nicely in a bino harness. Pop 'em in about the same time I chamber a round, then usually forget I'm wearing them for half the day. Takes my .30-06 down to a non-event. Also works great in a goose blind type environment, which alternates between idle chit chat and Verdun at a second's notice.

OP
sram9102

sram9102

WKR
Thanks Gents.

Ordered a few pairs. Waterfowl hunting was probably my main reason for looking into something that i didn't have to take on and off all the time.

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider
I suffered some ear damage due to wrestling in high school and have a hard time getting standard ear plugs to stay in place. I found the earlock really held the Surefires in place. I started wearing EP3s in 2008 and switched to EP4s when they hit the market. I always use them "plugged" and supplement them with electronic muffs when indoors or surrounded by walls, especially with rifles. I've never had any problems with them. I keep a set in my shooting vest, hunting pack, range bag and tool boxes. Even though Surefire wants you to replace them after six months, I have used multiple pairs for years. After wearing them awhile, I will put them in an ultrasonic cleaner with warm water and a couple drops of Dawn dish detergent to remove the oil and sweat they soak up.