Surgeon vs Terminus Actions for 6.8 western

Mark D

FNG
I’ve read solid things on both these actions in articles and reviews and wanted to get some first hand knowledge from shooters and hunters on these actions and try to make a choice of what to go with. Looking at build quality, function, reliability. Thanks

bradb

WKR
You can't go wrong with either, but you will end up in a Ford vs Chevy debate on this type of thing

Both are nice actions and solid choices. With any high end action it pretty much comes down feature set and which action best suits your needs. In this case, do you want 60* Bolt throw or 90? I prefer the 60 degree throw for my match guns, but can run either one no problem, and I still run my 90* actions all the time too.

I have a Terminus Zeus and its a pretty nice action. Gotta be honest though, my Curtis (I'm sure you are aware that Joel designed both of them) is smoother though. Its really nit picking and splitting hairs when you compare high quality actions. If I was buying another action today it would probably be a toss up between a Curtis and a TL3, depending on application - race gun would be a Valor and a long action or hunting rig would probably be TL3.