Surprise NM tag

MP.hunter

FNG
So my buddy checked his tag results when NM released a while back and it showed all red, he even sent a screen shot to me. Fast forward, he gets a letter from NM in the mail yesterday and opens it and he now has a unit 12 second archery elk tag with his name on it. He checked his results again and it now shows green. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

MP.hunter

FNG
Wow. Did he get a refund after the initial draw?

I asked him that but he said his wife said some money did return but he is looking to see the amount because there were other species they had applied for

stickbuck

FNG
So I’m that guy! Here’s what I saw on April 21st at 5am when I checked the draw results. I had three applications in the system. Barbary sheep, elk, and deer. As you can see, all three were red. I basically accepted it and moved on. My wife also was unsuccessful in her two applications. We were supposed to get approximately $2700 back for being not selected. My wife saw the two refunds hit, but didn’t add it up. When she opened the mail yesterday and asked me what the yellow New Mexico carcass tag was for I was totally blown away.
8e6ed3d65ce336ca17c2fcd7e88e67ef.jpg

YellowDog

FNG
Congratulations on the tag! After 5 years of applying I hit a NM tag this year too. Best wishes to you for success!!

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
Dang Congrats. I wonder how many folks went back and double checked their NM app. I know I did:)

WhiteOak

Lil-Rokslider
A couple if years ago when the results came out my buddy had drawn elk and I drew mule deer, both were tags that we didn't even remember applying for. Thought oh man we much have screwed up our notes and applied for the wrong tags but drew. Then when the tags came they were got tags for our actual choices and the website was corrected.