Survey - Will the CPW system crash today for Leftovers?

Will it crash?

• YES

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • NO

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters

sndmn11

WKR
I got to the Lone Tree Cabela's at 930pm last night, and another guy was there already. Spent the night on the sidewalk in a fold up chair wanting to get a tag for my dad who last year was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

9am rolls around and Cabela's opens their doors. Other guy and I go to the CPW kiosks and they are occupied by Cabela's employees for a few minutes buying/attempting to buy their own tags. The tags I had earmarked for a chance at a bull where my dad didn't have to put his body through a lot were taken by then. Cabela's manager lady said she didn't know they had done that because she was in the back.

I now wish I had taken that shit in the parking lot.

Last edited:

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
I go tto the Lone Tree Cabela's at 930pm last night, and another guy was there already. Spent the night on the sidewalk in a fold up chair wanting to get a tag for my dad who last year was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

9am rolls around and Cabela's opens their doors. Other guy and I go to the CPW kiosks and they are occupied by Cabela's employees for a few minutes buying/attempting to buy their own tags. The tags I had earmarked for a chance at a bull where my dad didn't have to put his body through a lot were taken by then. Cabela's manager lady said she didn't know they had done that because she was in the back.

I now wish I had taken that shit in the parking lot.

I am really sorry to hear this. Just plain disappointing. I hope you and your dad are still able to spend some time on the mountain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sndmn11

WKR
I am really sorry to hear this. Just plain disappointing. I hope you and your dad are still able to spend some time on the mountain.

I am fuming mad because that employee and the employees behind the computer inputting his info all knew what they were doing, and I can't imagine they felt like it was the right thing.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I am fuming mad because that employee and the employees behind the computer inputting his info all knew what they were doing, and I can't imagine they felt like it was the right thing.
Complete BS. If they wanted the tags they should have gotten in line like everyone else.

Don't trust those large chain employees worth a damn. They are only in it for the paycheck and do not even received decent pay. Going to get the bottom of the barrel working there.

Wouldn't be surprised if that is one of the perks of the job. I'm sure those Bubbas can buy all the ammo they want also.

sndmn11

WKR
Don't trust those large chain employees worth a damn. They are only in it for the paycheck and do not even received decent pay. Going to get the bottom of the barrel working there.

Wouldn't be surprised if that is one of the perks of the job. I'm sure those Bubbas can buy all the ammo they want also.

I know a bunch of guys who work at fly shops that open up at 10, and they go in at 9a to try their luck. They also don't have a line of people waiting outside because they are not open before 10a.

My brother, who is here at Buckley on a hardship station (I think that is close to the term), grabbed one of the several hundred em01101r tags so we are are going to test out my hidey hole knowledge.

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
I just got off the phone with CPW. They recognized their system was a crap shoot this year and have already made new instructions for the 2022 Leftover Tags. They were kind enough to send those instructions to me:

“Login to cpwshop.com at 800 but don’t touch the shiny button that says “Proceed” until 900. Well…if you do touch the shiny button before 900 that’s actually ok but also bad. Spin around in your computer chair 3…maybe 4 times. Start counting down from 59 minutes. At 900, click “Proceed” to be entered into the secondary queue. Watch the stick figure walk on your screen for 10-15 minutes. At 915 login into CPW shop.com…again. Enter your hunt code. Once you’re hunt code is denied, try another code. Repeat 5-10 times. Repeatedly denied hunt codes are probably the result of one our authorized license agents ensuring they get first choice on all tags via the CPW kiosk. Thanks for your participation.”

…yeah, you could say I am a little salty.

blicero

Lil-Rokslider
Why did some go to Cabelas?? Is it a different system than using your laptop or desktop and your home internet service?

I think some people have had the experience of being stuck in the online queue and not getting into the system until everything is already gone, so liked their chances of waiting in line in person someplace instead. But yeah, I agree. I'd rather take my chances with how fast I can type in my own hunt code and info and get into the system rather than hoping a store clerk will do it for me.

I remember calling the 1-800 number few years ago and having a rep on the other end very slowly read me all the stuff while I was begging her to please hurry up, and when she finally got to the stage where she could finally ask for my credit card number, it was "oh... huh.... the system is saying it's no longer available"... like, yeah lady, that's cause you took 5 minutes painfully reading every step and disclaimer to me, no wonder.

Though I do feel bad for the guy who was looking for a tag for he and his dad and watched store employees hitting the kiosks before him, that blows.

I thought at one point the cpw kiosk would hold the tag before payment. Like online you need to enter all your info, then they run your card, at that transaction is when it becomes unavailable.

Whereas a store clerk can just click the tag in their program and it pulls it automatically.

I'm not certain, and it's been a while since I have heard anything about that.

This was the first time in ten years or so I haven't been trying for a leftover, or trying to get an otc with caps. I remember the pain.

tdhanses

WKR
They shouldn’t let these tags be purchased anyway but online the first day, then we all can embrace the suck and hope we get lucky vs the few with access that can pretty much rob tags at their will, being cabelas employees.

sndmn11

WKR
They shouldn’t let these tags be purchased anyway but online the first day, then we all can embrace the suck and hope we get lucky vs the few with access that can pretty much rob tags at their will, being cabelas employees.
I think they should only let secondary or leftover tags be purchased by those who applied for them in the primary. That would curb the demand for some of those tags and make people plan ahead what could be their options. Instead of 10000 people trying for one tag, it would only be those who put in for it initially.