Survey - Will the CPW system crash today for Leftovers?

Will it crash?

• YES

Votes: 43 72.9%
  • NO

Votes: 16 27.1%

• Total voters

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
I thought it went fairly smoothly. Got the running man starting at ~8:02. Was logged in within 15-20 min. Pressed proceed at 9:00:05. My buddy was a few minutes behind but got logged in just before 9. We both got our archery elk tags. There were 63 tags available and all gone by 905.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ten Bears

WKR
I feel like an advertising opportunity was lost by CPW with the running man screen.

For one hour I was glued to that stupid guy like a kid with Aspergers watching cops...

They could've had him decked out in the Sitka Aerolite Jacket with a Kifaru Kutthroat and made some cheddar....

tdhanses

WKR
I think they should only let secondary or leftover tags be purchased by those who applied for them in the primary. That would curb the demand for some of those tags and make people plan ahead what could be their options. Instead of 10000 people trying for one tag, it would only be those who put in for it initially.
That isn’t a bad idea, then come second round it’s open to all.

dbeatty65

FNG
It worked fine for me. Didn't get a deer license I wanted but I also was LATE in getting into the que by 20 minutes as my run ran late from me getting up late instead of the usual 4:45AM so on ME.

I picked up a low demand tag at about 9:10. The two that I wanted were predictably gone by then.

The queue thing didn't make much sense to me. Stay on the page until 9:00 but at 8:50 it put me in the queue when I went to check my credit card...

I would like to see them just run a random draw on the leftovers. It seems to me that it would eliminate a lot of the issues with crashes, employees with access to the machines, and such.

sndmn11

WKR
I feel like an advertising opportunity was lost by CPW with the running man screen.

For one hour I was glued to that stupid guy like a kid with Aspergers watching cops...

They could've had him decked out in the Sitka Aerolite Jacket with a Kifaru Kutthroat and made some cheddar....
The running man had subliminal information telling you how great the majestic wolf is and why YOU need him as a conservation partner to control your pesky elks.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The running man had subliminal information telling you how great the majestic wolf is and why YOU need him as a conservation partner to control your pesky elks.
Hmmmm....that's weird.....the whole time I watched that running man I was thinking about killing every wolf I see from here on out.

ericF

WKR
I picked up a low demand tag at about 9:10. The two that I wanted were predictably gone by then.

The queue thing didn't make much sense to me. Stay on the page until 9:00 but at 8:50 it put me in the queue when I went to check my credit card...

I would like to see them just run a random draw on the leftovers. It seems to me that it would eliminate a lot of the issues with crashes, employees with access to the machines, and such.

They did exactly that this year and called it the Secondary draw. Everything you said is their reasoning for implementing the Secondary draw as they wanted to reduce the crush that they get on Leftover day and push the majority of returned/not payed for tags to a random draw. Fortunately or Unfortunately depending on whether you have kids the secondary draw turned into a Kids draw with youth having 100% preference. This created the undesired effect of even more people chasing fewer tags on leftover day.

sndmn11

WKR
They did exactly that this year and called it the Secondary draw. Everything you said is their reasoning for implementing the Secondary draw as they wanted to reduce the crush that they get on Leftover day and push the majority of returned/not payed for tags to a random draw. Fortunately or Unfortunately depending on whether you have kids the secondary draw turned into a Kids draw with youth having 100% preference. This created the undesired effect of even more people chasing fewer tags on leftover day.
That secondary draw is far from the quality of tags that are on the leftover list.

Tags that are returned by residents should be available to residents only

But I know the CPW would rather have the NonRes $$$
Thats hitting the nail on the head!

Leftovers should be released first to residents or at least folks who applied in the primary, then to non residents. Hell give residents an hour head start at least.

Its all about the money for sure. I seriously doubt anyone can convince me otherwise.

At least they preferenced secondary draw to youth....but they should be to youth, residents then non residents. I mean my lord the OTC non resident tags they already sell......

fishslap

WKR
Just gave in and bought a bull tag to go with my deer tag before they sell out. I have a cow muzzleloader tag and was hoping to get the either sex tag to go with it but no luck and the odds don’t look good for future opportunities.

tdhanses

WKR
Thats hitting the nail on the head!

Leftovers should be released first to residents or at least folks who applied in the primary, then to non residents. Hell give residents an hour head start at least.

Its all about the money for sure. I seriously doubt anyone can convince me otherwise.

At least they preferenced secondary draw to youth....but they should be to youth, residents then non residents. I mean my lord the OTC non resident tags they already sell......
Kinda used to be that way when they wouldn’t open up online sales till the day after it opened.

If I remember correctly people complained about that as well, never going to make everyone happy.

tdhanses

WKR
Tags that are returned by residents should be available to residents only

But I know the CPW would rather have the NonRes $$$
I do wonder how many residents go for points first and then 2nd choice in the draw, many of the tags weren’t hard for residents to draw that I saw in the leftovers.

Maybe make it those that didn’t draw their first choice get first opportunity and those that went for points don’t even get a second chance till leftover day, would make people rethink their strategy.

I‘m sure many that didn’t get a tag probably could of if they would of put in for the tag in the leftovers originally as their 1st choice, now I get there are some that are outliers and did put the units in as their first choice. Also wish they would go back to making you front the cash upfront, that would take care of the non payers.

I wasn’t even going to mess with the left over day.

And then I saw a muzzleloader tag I wanted, badly. There were 2. I knew it was long shot but I went for it. I got in and the running man did a sprint straight to end and I got to the screen to pick my tag. I frantically typed in the tag code. HOLY CRAP BATMAN! The tag was available. I grabbed the tag, hit the “I’m not a robot” box and clicked them damn pictures. I hit proceed and…..

My crappy internet takes a dump on me. Literally cuts out right then and there.

By the time I come back online tag is long gone. Oh cruel world.

I bought a cow elk tag just to try and raise my spirits.

Yup, I'm aware of the secondary.

Maybe the next round of YouTube "how to" videos can be on avoiding the leftover cluster.