Suspenders

Does anybody use them? Why? I hate wearing a belt and never tried suspenders and would appreciate any input. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Savage99

WKR
Does anybody use them? Why? I hate wearing a belt and never tried suspenders and would appreciate any input. Thanks

I don’t like my FL suspenders. I really haven’t given them much of a try though. I use a stretchy belt with a pack on. Heck, I’d send them to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a pair from Sitka that I’ll wear occasionally. It seems to work well. . I usually wear an Eddie Bauer guide belt for most trips/daily wear. I hardly notice it’s on and they are really inexpensive.

OP
stuckinohio
I don’t like my FL suspenders. I really haven’t given them much of a try though. I use a stretchy belt with a pack on. Heck, I’d send them to you.

I appreciate the offer. I'll pay for the shipping and give them a try if you're serious.

TheGDog

WKR
I very recently changed over to suspenders. The reason why... big long story shorter... the belt was KILLING me in an old tailbone injury. With belt at "right spot" packs lumbar pad would grind it into that area. If loosened to ride lower... ya end up killing your hip sockets area. Also with the suspenders I could leave the adjustment even looser so when on sits for a long time, it's much more comfortable.

Just rec'd these First-Lite suspenders. They are light and a different design. Not a clamping-type clasp like the carhartt's. It's more of a finger that goes thru the belt loop with a little metal wire flap at the end to lock it on in place. I've had the carhartt type clasps fail on me. Thankfully the other of the two clamps in the back held on though.

macabra11

FNG
Yes! I wouldn't go hunting without my Duluth Side Clip Suspenders! I wear a belt, but despite being a big guy with a belly, I have no butt. My pants always tend to fall down in the back, so I tried these and will never go back. I clip them more in the back than the side (like over my back pockets), but they keep my pants up, flex well, and even help with posture some. Because there is nothing in the front, they don't interfere with rifle slings or the rest of my clothes. Try them and you will love them!

tgus59

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a big time suspenders fan when it comes to hunting. I'm a thicker guy, and always struggled with keeping base layers tucked into my pants, and suspenders have solved that 100%. It also eliminates any pinching that you would have with a belt.

The Carhart style would come unclipped a lot, but the FL version works amazing.

Hondo

WKR
I wear the First Lite and Sitka suspenders and really like them both other than the take a dump issue addressed by xcutter.

stvnshnn

Lil-Rokslider
I am just trying out suspenders instead of belt, just due to getting skinnier during the time in the field. As long as you don't mind them under your backpack straps, it seems to be doing fine for me.

muddydogs

WKR
As a suspender wearing guy for the last 30 years I can tell you if you wan't real suspenders the junk from First Lite and similar suspenders are not them. Best I have found is the contractor series with no slip clips from Holdup Suspenders. I get about 2 years of everyday wear out of a set and no the pointy spikes in the clips don't tear up your pants unless you are able to wear the same pair of pants for 5 plus years then the spikes tend to create holes but by then the pants are about worn out anyway.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Resurrecting an old thread. Any of you who wear suspenders have suggestions for button suspenders?