Swaro 25-50 wide eyepiece?

Ronb

WKR
I own an ats 65 hd. Just wondering if I should switch over from the 20x60. I'd love to hear from guys who have had both. I'll probably buy, then sell the one I like the least. Also, heard of some kidney beaning on the wide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HvyBeams

Lil-Rokslider
I have had both on a stm. The 25-50x was a ton better, IMO. I found at 60 power the 20-60x was too fuzzy and very narrow. I have since went to the atx. However, I recently sold the atx and will be going back to a sts 65 with the 25-50x eye piece. The 25-50x was better for digiscoping. Just wish I didn't sell my stm.

OP
Ronb

Ronb

WKR
They are curved blackouts on the left or right of the image when your eye moves left or right or up or down within the eyepiece.

My comments are that I like 20X as well as 60X on my ATM 65mm Swaro and find both very useful when sheep hunting. You can use 60X with my HD scope as long as the atmosphere is clear (minimal mirage or fog) and the winds aren't bouncing your scope/tripod around.

As a side note, I am digiscoping two black bears (well, they are actually a blonde and a brown phase) above the house right now. They are napping in the open right now. I've taken photos with my Swaro/iPhone 7 at 20X and 60X and in-between) as well as the phone zoomed out and in. I'd hate to give up the 3X zoom for a 2X zoom on the scope. That said, I've never used the 25-50X, but being its a Swaro, bet it would be an excellent optic. The wide angle is more $$ and weight the last time I checked. Good luck and report back on your comparison!

Broomd

WKR
.... That said, I've never used the 25-50X, but being its a Swaro, bet it would be an excellent optic. The wide angle is more $$ and weight the last time I checked. ...

No disrespect intended, but this is usually the case with guys who 'prefer' the 20-60. The 20-60 is a great e/p; but the Swarovski 25-50 is stellar and only bettered by the 25-50 Leica.

OP
Ronb

Ronb

WKR
There are plenty of reviews on the birding sites complaining of kidney beaning and eye relief. I suspect most are from eyeglass wearers. Can you speak to that Broomd? I know optically it will be superior, but what about comfort and ease of use?

Broomd

WKR
Ron, to be 100% honest, I've never heard of it until this thread. And I thought I had some street cred with glass!...lol.

Obviously most have heard of 'rolling ball' with the field-flatteners in the SV bincs...but I've never experienced that or the Kidney bean syndrome. Nice to be disease free! :D

OP
Ronb

Ronb

WKR
Sounds like I need to buy from a dealer that I can return, if for some reason it doesn't work for me. Thanks