Swaro ATS 20-60x80 HD vs ATX 25-60x65 HD

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I want to hear from the guys who have field experience with both the ATS 20-60x80 HD and the ATX 25-60x65 HD. I already own the ATS and am thinking about switching out to the ATX system. The ultimate plan would be to add the 95mm objective and the BTX down the road.

The reason I want to know about the two vs each other is that they are about the same weight. Also not much difference in size.

I will only use the 95mm and BTX when weight is less of a concern or I need maximum reach.

Last edited:

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
The ATX has a very wide eyepiece vs. the ATS. Resolution and aberration correction are excellent in both models.

The ATS is 80mm objective and so has an exit pupil/ brightness advantage compared to the 65 ATX.

The ATX is more expensive, but If you eventually want the 95 and/or BTX, you gotta go X.

MtnMuley

WKR
I'm not sure exactly what you want to hear, but I've owned the STS you mentioned and got rid of it for a 20-60x85 Zeiss T-FL because through my eyes, it was superior. Then years later, Swaro had to come out with a 95. I used a few that year and knew I had to have one, followed by the BTX. Can't imagine hunting without them now. The STX with the 65mm obj for back country hunting is heavier than I'd like, so end up just packing the 95 and sacrificing a little extra weight and bulk. The STX with the 65 felt heavier than my old STS 80, but I never weighed them side by side. I've since sold the Zeiss 85 with plans to buy the Kowa 553 for specific back country trips, although I'm leaning more towards an older used STS 65 for those needs. If you're accustomed to packing your ATS 80, then I'd imagine you'd get along fine with the ATX 65. Plus being able to add the 95 and BTX down the road is a win win. Hope that isn't too confusing and helps.