Swaro ATX vs ATS

Toaster42

FNG
I'm looking at upgrading my spotting scope from a Gen 1 Razor to something from the Big 3 (Leica, Zeiss, Swaro.) I've been looking mainly at Swaro's and I'm just wondering what the differences are in the ATX system versus the ATS?

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
They are both great glass. The atx is their newer modular system which allows you to change the objective lens with the eyepiece and vice versa. The glass on the atx is slightly better in my opinion but you will probably notice less difference between the atx and ats than between the razor and ats.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The modularity of the X’s is a big deal if you sometimes want a smaller or larger scope. The eyepiece is a lot more forgiving on the “X” spotters in my opinion. Not as critical to be in the perfect spot to see a full image. I used the ATS 20-50 x 65 a few weeks ago and found it to be somewhat underwhelming after using the X’s almost exclusively for the past few years.

It’s a great little scope, I’ve just been spoiled by packing the bigger objectives for most of my hunts.

Coop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
ATX is fantastic glass, I love mine. But if you don't need/want the modularity option, I'd suggest there are better options. A Kowa 883 is cheaper/lighter then an ATX/65, yet IMO it can compete against the ATX/95.

OP
T

Toaster42

FNG
Out of curiosity, does anyone know how these compare to either zeiss or leica?

OP
T

Toaster42

FNG
In the best spotters IMO it's a choice between Kowa and Swarovski
Thanks, after doing some research on Kowa I'm definitely leaning towards an 883. I never would have looked at kowa without the advice from this post, can't thank you guys enough!

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks, after doing some research on Kowa I'm definitely leaning towards an 883. I never would have looked at kowa without the advice from this post, can't thank you guys enough!
Please feel free to give us a call, 516-217-1000, and we can discuss the Kowa with you