Swaro atx

westcoasthunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking to up grade my spotting scope I have a swaro 20-60x65 ATS . But I want to upgrade and can’t decide if I should get the ATX 85mm or 95mm. this will be used from the truck and also to hunt the hells canyon off off the road 10+miles. I like the idea of the 30-70x95mm for the extra power looking and scoring elk miles out. What are your guys thoughts?

My thoughts are a Kowa 88 and the their 1.6x extender for an equivalent of 96x. Not what you asked, but an absolutely great option for glassing fine details at long distances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

westcoasthunter

Lil-Rokslider
My thoughts are a Kowa 88 and the their 1.6x extender for an equivalent of 96x. Not what you asked, but an absolutely great option for glassing fine details at long distances.

I was looking at the Kowa 88 also how does it compare to the ATX 95mm?

I was looking at the Kowa 88 also how does it compare to the ATX 95mm?

I’m sure the ATX is phenomenal of course. It’s just heavier and more expensive. I personally use the Kowa 77 with that extender and it’s mind blowing, atleast to me, when I’m able to look at details on a sheep from miles away. The Flourite glass in the 88 is even better than the 77.

If I was going to be using it mostly from a truck (weight not an issue), and long distances were at play (and $$ wasn't), I'd go with the 95mm ATX.

Kowa 1.6 extender was mentioned, but don't forget the Swarovski 1.7x extender that could turn your 30-70 into 50-120; or if you preferred the 85mm, from a 25-60 into a 42-100 (I've never looked through one with the extender, but I'd sure love to!).

Last edited:

AGPank

WKR
If you want to get real crazy Swaro now has a 115mm. There is one for sale in the BirdForum for about $4500

WRO

WKR
I’m looking to up grade my spotting scope I have a swaro 20-60x65 ATS . But I want to upgrade and can’t decide if I should get the ATX 85mm or 95mm. this will be used from the truck and also to hunt the hells canyon off off the road 10+miles. I like the idea of the 30-70x95mm for the extra power looking and scoring elk miles out. What are your guys thoughts?
I love mine, I've packed that heavy mother all over ne Oregon.

It also works great with the btx.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

fatrascal

WKR
I like the thought of the atx 95 or 115. With this set up you can always add the BTX or the 65mm objective. And like you said, don't forget the 1.7 multiplier. Lots more options with the atx system. Fatrascal

tdot

WKR
The Kowa 88 is definitely a nice piece of glass, I still sometimes wonder if I should have just gone with that as a lighter option for big glass. As it is, I invested in the ATX/BTX and 65/95, in order to have all my options covered. I'm finding more and more reasons to take the ATX/95, even for my next sheep hunt I'm seriously considering it.... which makes me think I should have just gone with the Kowa 88 and saved 20+ ounces.

I have the STX and BTX modules and 1.7x magnifier with the 85mm objective, if you check out the exit pupil size i think you will find that the 85 and the 115 have the best amount of light that gets to your eye. My next purchase will probably be the 115. If you go the Swaro route.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have the STX and BTX modules and 1.7x magnifier with the 85mm objective, if you check out the exit pupil size i think you will find that the 85 and the 115 have the best amount of light that gets to your eye. My next purchase will probably be the 115. If you go the Swaro route.
If you want a 115 now's a good time to put a deposit on one and get an order in. They are on 6-8 month back order at the moment